SILENT Streacom FC8 Build, A6-3500
Ok an update on the remote:

I have a new one (thanks to Rylun HE - they were very helpful) - and it is technically working. However under Windows and OE, it's recognised as a keyboard/mouse combo rather than your classic eHome RC6 type receiver...so it's a pain in the arse, basically. Several of the keys works but the mappings are weird and quite frankly it doesn't even work in MCE all that well - so a bit disappointing. In XBMC is really pretty crap.

On Windows you can apparently change to the eHome driver from the default but I can't find any docs about this and only one person saying it still has issues, even with MCE.

I haven't really got the time to work it out right now so have unplugged it and am using my trusty USB receiver for now. Hopefully someone puts in the time with XBMC.

I will probably keep it just in case they can get it to work, it's only $22 worth. But why they can't jsut put a proper and near universal RC6 eHome in these things I will never know....idiotic.

Other than that the case continues to go very well, it definitely gets warm (again, as it is supposed to since the heatpipes basically turn the entire case into an open air heatsink) - but it's completely stable from a hardware point of view.

Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SILENT Streacom FC8 Build, A6-3500 - by bossanova808 - 2012-05-26, 07:08
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SILENT Streacom FC8 Build, A6-35000