zotac zbox confusion? alternatives? newbie help...
Hi there,

I've tried searching around, but there are so many old threads on so many different zbox models... I guess my basic question is this:

Which currently produced Zbox will run XBMC, decoding 1080p MKVs, on Windows 7, with no issues?

I'm open to alternatives as well, but would prefer to buy an off the shelf system or barebones - rather than doing a full build.

Thanks!
-Josh
Any reason you are looking for Windows 7?

I used one of these with Openelec for a friend of mine : http://www.zotacusa.com/zbox-id80.html
Just add RAM and a Flash drive... Plays Bluray Rips flawlessly.

Personally, I would stay away from Windows 7 because of the extra resources it requires, and because you will be paying for the Windows license. I have Openelec running on a Zotac Atom 230 (Single Core 1.6) board as my main HTPC and XBMCbuntu running on a 3.0 Celeron D with an ATI 4350, and have no complaints with either one.
Will I be able to do Netflix via a browser under Linux?
Netflix = win 7.

I am in the same boat. Apparently the ZBOX ID-82 is the best thing since sliced bread but also pricey. Eskro and Bluray both are very well versed in this matter and they have helped me along the way. The ID-82 is my choice but I haven't found the ID-82 vs ID-82 Plus.

ID-82 is just box
ID-82 is box with hard drive and ram

(2012-05-09, 17:05)jkretz Wrote: Will I be able to do Netflix via a browser under Linux?

I guess that you need Microsoft plugins for that.so it will probably work only under windows.
what about the id-33 with blu ray?
sorry if confusion....

"eskro" and "bluray" are users on here....when I was in the same boat that you are (about 4 months ago) both of them were very helpful. I ended up building a "server" FIRST thinking I was making an HTPC. I was planning to make HTPC...then SERVER. Since I learned a lot in the process I opted to just buy a "box" for the HTPC. I am just waiting for the ZBOX ID-82 to be more widely available. The ID-82 PLUS version is available but I haven't found the non-plus version.

Eskro has numerous guides about EVERYTHING! search his name you will find plenty.
(2012-05-09, 17:05)jkretz Wrote: Will I be able to do Netflix via a browser under Linux?

hell noooo!!

NetFlix is a windows thing.

+1 skyking376 Smile
jkretz - I have the AD10 running XBMC on Win7 and it works perfectly with all media including 1080p I hear there are problems with the Netflix HD content but I can't verify or deny that as I don't have a netflix account, . And if you are using wireless, then there will problems but I don't know any media player that can stream 1080p over wireless.
Hello guys,

Just curious, where exactly can you buy the ZOTAC ZBOX ID82 Plus ?

cheers
(2012-05-12, 01:41)Hail.ceasar Wrote: where exactly can you buy the ZOTAC ZBOX ID82 Plus ?

ZBOX-ID82-U Only $345.46

ZBOX-ID82-PLUS-U Only $448.04
(2012-05-12, 02:11)eskro Wrote:
(2012-05-12, 01:41)Hail.ceasar Wrote: where exactly can you buy the ZOTAC ZBOX ID82 Plus ?

ZBOX-ID82-U Only $345.46

ZBOX-ID82-PLUS-U Only $448.04

Hi,

Anyone manage to installed debian into ID-82 with XMBC ?
(2012-05-13, 17:38)mybox Wrote: Hi,

Anyone manage to installed debian into ID-82 with XMBC ?

i dont think so, iD82 too new lol
Are these better than the ND22?
id82 has much faster cpu than nd22, but uses intel gpu, so I guess no hardware acceleration. Box might run hotter due to higher cpu utilization

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
zotac zbox confusion? alternatives? newbie help...0