Apple tv version?
So I've been thinking of getting an apple tv for xbmc, but I'm a little unclear on the performance/ios versions. The wiki says that 4.3 is the best for performance. Is this still the case? Is it even possible to buy an apple tv with that early version on it still? I wouldn't be able to downgrade since it would be a new box and I wouldn't have any blobs. How is the performance on the newer (5.) firmware? Still worth getting an apple tv?

Sorry for so many questions. I'm using my wifes laptop now for xbmc and I think I need to find a different solution. Thanks!
You would be pushed to find one with 4.3 on there but I am currently using 4.4.4 and have to say it runs fine. Not used 5.0 myself but there is a thread over here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=130598 with reports on it.

From experience on 4.4.4 as long as you don't top 25mbps on a video stream then you are fine.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
I haven't seen any issues with xbmc on iOS 5. It streams everything just fine. I couldn't see a difference compare to my 4.4.4 atv.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple tv version?0