Mini-ITX HTPC cases and picoPSU mounting plates.
(2012-05-16, 21:37)Balinus Wrote: This is a modified Habey EMC-800B case.

That's not correct. Though they are similar, the Habey EMC-800 comes from a different manufacturer (Shenzhen Realan) and has different dimensions than this case.

(2012-05-16, 21:37)Balinus Wrote: This is a modified Habey EMC-800B case.
Hey Balinus.....I haven't read your post for a while. I thought that you already left the forum for good. If my memory serve me correct, you're the guy with Wesena case....

Yes, the case in the link does look like Habey case below......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Besides coming from different manufacturers and being different dimensions, the biggest difference is that the EMC-800 comes with a 120W DC-DC internal power supply and either a 60W or 84W AC adapter. To accommodate the power board, the EMC-800 is longer than it's wide. It's not square. The S197-H80 is square (197mm x 197mm) and the only power supply it can use is a picoPSU or similar.
Since no one asked Wink

i wonder which cooler can fit in the EMC-800 once your ODD and SSD is installed...
im reading in a review that even the 37mm high Silverstone NT07 doesnt fit very well...
hmmm,,,
i think the 35mm stock intel cooler that the 2100T has is ok.
(2012-05-16, 23:08)eskro Wrote: i think the 35mm stock intel cooler that the 2100T has is ok.
Nod

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
You might like this: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1404634 for low-profile 1155/1156 coolers.
Titan DC-155A915Z/RPW looks interesting! good find
(2012-05-16, 23:25)eskro Wrote: Titan DC-155A915Z/RPW looks interesting! good find

I like it very much. It's only $20. It's not as quiet as the NT07-1156 but at 10ft/3m it's definitely not audible.
Who manufactures the remote Dougie? It looks quite nice, would like to see the mount if you got any pics of that.
After seeing how easy it was to cut into my Lian case I want to try putting in an internal ir.
(2012-05-16, 23:08)eskro Wrote: i wonder which cooler can fit in the EMC-800 once your ODD and SSD is installed...
im reading in a review that even the 37mm high Silverstone NT07 doesnt fit very well...
hmmm,,,
i think the 35mm stock intel cooler that the 2100T has is ok.

the stock i3 intel stock cooler is actually very quiet, so quiet in fact I probably won't bother to install a shuriken on it, the stock amd cooler though do make a noticeable noise.

(2012-05-16, 23:49)filthycatbox Wrote: Who manufactures the remote Dougie? It looks quite nice, would like to see the mount if you got any pics of that.
After seeing how easy it was to cut into my Lian case I want to try putting in an internal ir.

I am not sure who makes them. It can be ordered integrated into the HT80, HT100 and S197-H80 cases. I haven't asked about getting it separately. They have it mounted just with double-sided tape. I like that the remote has mouse controls on it. I'll take a picture of the inside and post it tonight.

Before these, I ordered an internal IR receiver from Inteset: http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Internal-Inf...0676938088. It worked with my Microsoft Remote and has very good range.
Yeah, I heard they were pretty good, just a bit expensive to get here in the UK.
I don't really want to go for the streacom as I have 3 of the identical remotes which ASRock sent me Big Grin
Streacom said they'd send me a separate IR receiver but I haven't heard back from them for a couple of weeks, for now I'm making do with a Sony bluetooth remote, but it's too damn big and bulky for my liking.
This is a nice case and exactly the type of thing I'm looking for.
I currently have a Shuttle XS35GT which is small but not upgradable and had a TVIX 6500a before that which is also small. A case that is small and can squeeze in a DVD/Blu-Ray and can support an infrared receiver would be awesome.

How is the temp on this case? My Shuttle has no fans so I've gotten used to not having any noise.

(2012-05-17, 03:15)JellyBean Wrote: This is a nice case and exactly the type of thing I'm looking for.
I currently have a Shuttle XS35GT which is small but not upgradable and had a TVIX 6500a before that which is also small. A case that is small and can squeeze in a DVD/Blu-Ray and can support an infrared receiver would be awesome.

How is the temp on this case? My Shuttle has no fans so I've gotten used to not having any noise.

Since the S197-H80 units I received were defective (optical drive slot too small) I've held off on testing until I hear from the manufacturer. Sad I still have high hopes for this case though -- enough room for a SSD, Blu-ray and a Intel or AMD system with a low-profile cooler and that's setup for picoPSU was the whole idea.

I do have some other great cases though. The next closest thing is the HT80 and I've found temps to be very good with a G530, G620 or i3-2100.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mini-ITX HTPC cases and picoPSU mounting plates.1