Fringe
I recently bought the seasons 1-3 Fringe Blu Rays and am trying to add them to my XBMC media. The thing is when I try to rip the first disc, it shows 1 file at almost 4 hours with 33 chapters and another 2 files at around an hour.

I assume that first file contains all 4 episodes of the season. If I rip it, is there a way to separate each episode file so that XMBC can properly scrape them?

EDIT: I'd like to expand this to all Blu ray TV shows. They are never ordered sequentially like DVD tv shows. The order of episodes is commonly screwed up and some shows seem to have multiple files for the same episode. (I ran into this with the Spartacus Series). I got lucky on Spartacus because each episode shows the episode name at the beginning. I don't think all shows do that, I'm pretty sure Fringe doesn't.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
For TV shows, I use the following process.
1/ Rip the entire DVD. I use DVDFab, pick your poision.
2/ Convert to MKV using Handbreak, selecting each individual title separately and letting HB auto name the output. I just add them all to the Queue and process overnight.
3/ Review the output file and rename accordingly.
4/ Move to TV folder and add metadata using Media companion
5/ Ponder what food fixation Walter will have in the next episode.
I use DVDFab too. Can;t the whole Bluray be ripped to MKV right in DVDFab?

I don't understand the rest of your steps. I am ripping a single 4 hour file and someone need to get the 4 episodes out of that and then copy it to my NAS and then XBMC should be able to scrape it. I have no idea how to figure out which episode is which if the episode doesn't s how the episode name anywhere in the video.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fringe0