Picture for different choices
Hello,

I would like to create different sections for movies and music (kids and dad). I already read about how to create this and will go for the Smart Playlist option to achieve the filtering in movie and music.
But as for the choices to make with the remote, the kids have to understand it and they are to young to read.
So i was thinking of having pictures as a choice, but can't find out how to achieve this.

I had 3 ideas to do this, made some pictures to make it clearer.

Option 1:
Make it work the same way as custom addons work. Then the pictures will be shown at the bottom and it can be chosen with arrow keys.

Option 2:
Make it work the same way as last added movies work. Then the pictures will be shown at the top and it can be chosen with arrow keys.

Option 3:
Make it work the same way as a genre screens works? I mean you choose Video's/Movies and then a new screen with choices will be shown instead of library. After choosing a section, the corresponding filtered library will be shown.

Is any of these options possible?
What about

Next update of Confluence.Lite.Mod, will be able to do with playlists.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

As i understand correctly this is simply home menu item with a background. I also saw examples of submenu with background (nicer), but this is still not what i have in mind. I would like to keep the main home section (Video) and from there i would like a clear choice...
Ahh I see the options of adding plugins , folders, playlists etc to the submenu and not just the menu?
In a world without walls and fences who needs windows and gates, open source, opens minds, so open yours today.

That is indeed what i mean with option 1 and 2, but with a picture choice not just text. Is it possible somehow?
Mudislander: I like your background picture of the Kids section. Can i get it somewhere?
With some code changes it's possible, sorry can't help you out right now as up to my eyeballs in stuff I'm trying to do. If nobody comes to help you out, I'll be back when I get a chance.

The fanart is from a pack of genre backgrounds, If you've got Convergence installed it's in "\XBMC\addons\skin.convergence.svn\backgrounds\moviegenre" or you can download it from the stuff I've got here

If i understand you correctly it's not an XML adjust like f.e. background for a submenu?

For this to happen it should be coded en recompiled? Even for option 3?
Well if that's the case i will be waiting for some tips (and hope they will come), because i don't have a clue where to start to create a new screen (option 3) or adjust main screen (option 1 and 2)...

Downloaded the fanarts, thanks.
Howzit, Which option of your 3 would you prefer ? Busy ATM but I'll try jump in and out of your thread to help you Smile

Edit Just so we're on the same page, which version of Confluence are you using ?

I don't really care which option (whichever is easiest to make), but if i had to choose option 1 has my preference, because that will let it be in line with the rest of the design (addons also come there).

I'm not that skin bounded, but am currently using confluence modded (mad-max)

Really appreciate you making some time for this...
OK, First just let me do two things,
1) Check with Max
2) Re-Read through his MOD just to refresh my memory Smile

Hey guys,

Just jumping in shortly...I'm on trade show this week, will see if I find some time later on in the hotel Wink

@mudislander: thanks for notifying me about this...

Will be back in touch soon...

cheers
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
count me in on the google..

(2012-05-22, 16:00)mad-max Wrote: Hey guys,

Just jumping in shortly...I'm on trade show this week, will see if I find some time later on in the hotel Wink

@mudislander: thanks for notifying me about this...

Will be back in touch soon...

cheers

In a world without walls and fences who needs windows and gates, open source, opens minds, so open yours today.

I was trying to make submenu's below the newly created playlists. In the conflunce.mod i managed to get submenu items below the 2 custom playlist options (default from mod). Also changed main video section so it pointed towards the 3rd playlist and removed some items from that submenu. Now i have my 3 playlists while in my own playlist submenu section still access to files and addons (and default 5 addon optin from skin). So far so good.

I gut stuck by trying to set a different background when focusing a submenu item. Tried some stuff with info from this thread Sub Menu Backgrounds, but could not get it to work. Any ideas?

Anyway by searching for solutions for this problem, i came across the addon section in the home.xml file (starts on line 1318) . Tried to add another which pointed to a playlist (option 1 we talked about) and with a own picture. To my surprise it worked immediately, great!
So turned out i could have spared myself a lot of time by trying this one first before submenu sections Smile

I will try and find if i can adjust the picture size and font size of this new addon, little bit small now...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture for different choices0