• 5(current)
[AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform
Yes, it currently applies to all, meaning videos with 2-channel soundtracks would be upmixed too.

Will give your request some consideration - I believe it's easy enough as I think we have a flag attached to the stream to indicate whether it's from a video or not IIRC.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Thanks for taking the time to consider it.

(2012-05-31, 18:17)DDDamian Wrote: Yes, it currently applies to all, meaning videos with 2-channel soundtracks would be upmixed too.

Will give your request some consideration - I believe it's easy enough as I think we have a flag attached to the stream to indicate whether it's from a video or not IIRC.
Could not the setting be applied depending one whether audio is coming from PAPlayer or DVDPlayer Huh

I lucked out in that I had recently copied all my media editor installers to a NAS so I was able to install what I needed on my HTPC to edit the files. There are 2 movie clips here, each 1 minute starting from the beginning of each movie I've had issues with. I kept them short to save on upload and download since even the 1 minute clips are 80MB each. also pasted below is a 2nd log I did with audio set to WASAPI playing one of said trouble movies this time where the FLAC was the default track.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=3130 - WASAPI test
http://www.mediafire.com/?x4xroq54429pnce - Audio starts at 16 seconds
http://www.mediafire.com/?emah8oqvp9sch4a - Audio starts at 05 seconds
(2012-05-31, 18:29)jjd-uk Wrote: Thanks for taking the time to consider it.

(2012-05-31, 18:17)DDDamian Wrote: Yes, it currently applies to all, meaning videos with 2-channel soundtracks would be upmixed too.

Could not the setting be applied depending one whether audio is coming from PAPlayer or DVDPlayer Huh

AE treats audio as audio - the source can come from any current or future player - including any new ones added. That's why I mentioned the stream flag. It's the only way we know or care what player wants the stream played.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-05-31, 20:07)KrzyInuYasha Wrote: I lucked out in that I had recently copied all my media editor installers to a NAS so I was able to install what I needed on my HTPC to edit the files. There are 2 movie clips here, each 1 minute starting from the beginning of each movie I've had issues with. I kept them short to save on upload and download since even the 1 minute clips are 80MB each. also pasted below is a 2nd log I did with audio set to WASAPI playing one of said trouble movies this time where the FLAC was the default track.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=3130 - WASAPI test
http://www.mediafire.com/?x4xroq54429pnce - Audio starts at 16 seconds
http://www.mediafire.com/?emah8oqvp9sch4a - Audio starts at 05 seconds

Thx - will test tonite.
(2012-05-31, 17:57)jjd-uk Wrote: I've only had a quick play with a nightly including AE, so am I correct in thinking that the Output Stereo To All Speakers applies to both Music & Video audio tracks, if so would it be possible to have it selectable for Music & Videos, something like:

Output Stereo To All Speakers: \/ /\ Off/Music Only/Video Only/Music & Video

Reasoning is that with music I like to be enveloped by the sound coming from all around like you would get at a nightclub, so having stereo upmixed for output by all channels would be great, however I would find that behaviour disconcerting with dialogue in a movie audio track, so for video audio tracks I wouldn't want a stereo track to be upmixed to all channels & would instead prefer the audio remained stereo (or apply pro-logic in amp).

I was just about the post the same request, for the exact same reasons. It's the only alteration I'd like to see being made, good work guys!
Hey DDDamian,

On the nightly builds, i no longer see an option to upmix 2 channel audio to my 5.1 channel layout. Has this been moved to a advancedsettings.xml option?

Cheers!
(2012-05-31, 20:49)DDDamian Wrote:
(2012-05-31, 18:29)jjd-uk Wrote: Thanks for taking the time to consider it.

AE treats audio as audio - the source can come from any current or future player - including any new ones added. That's why I mentioned the stream flag. It's the only way we know or care what player wants the stream played.
OK, thanks for clarifying that,

Wonder what's changed since the purely Xbox only days then, as on the Xbox you can apply Output Stereo to All Speaker for only music (on Xbox the setting is in the Settings->Music->Playback), this is what I still use in the study/den where I've got an older amp that can't do the all channel stereo thing itself, closest is Dolby Pro-logic but that's crap for music. I had assumed that XBMC knew the audio was coming from either PAPlayer or DVDPlayer and so would only apply setting to output from PAPlayer, unless this is part of the changes contained in AE for more system abstraction.

See the entry on the XBMC4XBOX wiki, http://www.xbmc4xbox.org/wiki/index.php?...c_Settings, with that setting being there since the beginning in 2004.

What's changed since the purely Xbox days? 2004?
(2012-06-01, 09:48)liquidskin76 Wrote: Hey DDDamian,

On the nightly builds, i no longer see an option to upmix 2 channel audio to my 5.1 channel layout. Has this been moved to a advancedsettings.xml option?

Cheers!

Hey bud - still there - it's Settings>System>Audio Options>Output stereo to all channels. See it there in a build I compiled last night.
(2012-06-01, 01:28)tungmeister Wrote:
(2012-05-31, 17:57)jjd-uk Wrote: I've only had a quick play with a nightly including AE, so am I correct in thinking that the Output Stereo To All Speakers applies to both Music & Video audio tracks, if so would it be possible to have it selectable for Music & Videos, something like:

Output Stereo To All Speakers: \/ /\ Off/Music Only/Video Only/Music & Video

Reasoning is that with music I like to be enveloped by the sound coming from all around like you would get at a nightclub, so having stereo upmixed for output by all channels would be great, however I would find that behaviour disconcerting with dialogue in a movie audio track, so for video audio tracks I wouldn't want a stereo track to be upmixed to all channels & would instead prefer the audio remained stereo (or apply pro-logic in amp).

I was just about the post the same request, for the exact same reasons. It's the only alteration I'd like to see being made, good work guys!

+1
(2012-06-01, 15:44)DDDamian Wrote: What's changed since the purely Xbox days? 2004?
I know daft question Big Grin obviously loads has changed Cool

What I was curious about was did something change that made this more difficult than it was with the dedicated Xbox hardware.

Anyway hoping you can do something so I can finally retire my Xbox from my secondary system in the study/den.

(2012-06-01, 15:51)DDDamian Wrote:
(2012-06-01, 09:48)liquidskin76 Wrote: Hey DDDamian,

Cheers!

Hey bud - still there - it's Settings>System>Audio Options>Output stereo to all channels. See it there in a build I compiled last night.

Ahhh... thought that was something else... meaning output all audio as stereo!! Blush

Didn't the option used to be called something else?

Anyway... there it is!! Will start to use it now!

Cheers Wink
heh - we're gonna change names of stuff once a month to keep forum traffic up Wink
(2012-05-15, 16:45)DDDamian Wrote: Hi Nimo - sorry, you'll have to get answers for that elsewhere as it's not AE-related and this thread is specifically for that.

The cause of high cpu-usage with PAPlayer (music player) has been found - a fix will be coming shortly.

The issue with high CPU usage has not been fixed as per latest build as far as I can tell...even though I noticed spiff committing some changes some time ago.

• 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform4