TV titles from nowhere
Suddenly I have a starnge TV show appearing - and even stranger links.

All my TV shows are filed under E:/TV and that is the only path I have listed in the video list for TV. Recently I started to get some missing shows and when I checked them I noticed that under the associated scraper heading "none" was listed. When I switched that to the TV scraper it refreshed the whole bank of TV shows (not just the one I was in) and then added in a show called Magic Users Club (which turns out to be a Jap cartoon). This show doesnt exist on my pc. Tracking the whereabouts of the tv show the path is listed as \users/ - i assume this is from the C drive (Im using W7). I beleive that about a year ago the same thing happened and I tracked it down to something with the word magic in the title that resided in the users files, but i deleted that and it hasnt re-appeared until i did the refresh.

The next weird part is that the show lists 10 episodes all as S3ep3 and the path for each is MpWppTracing05032012.... and a lot of additional stuff after. In addition it lists S1 eps 1 through 13 and when I click on the show info it plays a music track, in fact all the "episodes" are actually linked to the tracks from one album even though music is stored on a different drive (LSmile. I understand that the MpWpp link is something to do with Microsoft Antivirus software.

My questions is: how are these files being linked to my tv library and the user directory, and how do i stop this recurring? Any bright ideas appreciated.

Thanks

Alad
It happens if you add a source pointing to them. No other way for it to occur.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

The MpWpp (MS Antivirus software) folders... Aren't they hidden/system folders in your TV folder path?
Check with explorer (off course you have to enable: 'Show hidden files and folders' in your folder options)
Windows 10 Pro (64bit), Kodi v19.1 "Matrix"
Intel NUC8i3BEH (Samsung 970 Evo, G. Skill Ripjaws 8GB)
Samsung UE49KS7000, Logitech Harmony remote 350
AudioEngine D1, Synology DS218j NAS (SMB protocol)
Well, I've spent so much time on this that I'm almost ready to give up on XBMC - except that I love it so much!

Taking jmarshall's point, I understand that it should be the case regarding the source, but that doesnt seem to be happening. In fact it has got worse over the past few days, culminating in me accidentally deleting all 400gig of tv files!! If I could explain my set up: I have 3 seperate storage drives, E:\TV for TV; L:\Music for music; L:\Movies for movies. Music & Movies are partitions on the same drive and seem ok, it's the TV drive that seems to be causing problems. On my E drive I have nothing other TV, Recycle & SystemInfo (I have my pc set to show all hidden and system files) and the files for each TV show are located in a separate folder for each show (e.g. E:\TV\Alcatraz\S01E01; E:\TV\Supernatural\S01E01 etc.

When I initially fire up XBMC, which is set to auto scan, it finds the folder I listed in my original post above plus another new one now, which it calls Al TV and points to the basic E:\TV drive - in other words this folder is listing every sub folder in the TV folder as episodes of Al TV. Hence, when I deleted this folder it wiped my entire collection! I checked all the settings to see if I can find out why it keeps listing this show/whole drive, but I cant find anything that would make this happen. Source is set as E:\TV, only "scan automatcally" is highlighted (not source contains single folder).

I have no other sources set for this mode, so can't understand why this is happening, nor why it is also still finding the Folder Magic Users Club, which shows the source in the show summary as \Users/ and inexplicably each episode links to a music file in L:\Music. I removed Microsoft Antivirus and installed Zone Alarm's version instead; I deleted the entire library and started again from scratch (before I accidentally deleted the tv files) and have done the same again since re-downloading the files. It doesnt seem to find the AL TV folder if I run a manual scan whilst in the programme (right click the source and select scan now) but does when XBMC is initially started - before this drives me completely insane... HELP! any bright ideasHuh
Post debug log (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV titles from nowhere0