• 3(current)
Android Music Pump Kodi Remote
2 bugs:
- Track numbers are displayed as something like 654391, 654392, 654393 etc for all albums
- MP3 files with multiple tags for genre are not handled correctly. They are seperated by ; as is sort of the standard for multi genre tagging. XBMC itself handles them fine, but Music Pump has issues.

Unfortunatly the genre issues is a dealbreaker that makes the program in its current state non functional for me. Other then that the program looks very slick, fast and full of potential!
(2012-06-27, 20:16)misterpink Wrote: Another poster asked about this, and I suppose this is related to the recent multi-room posts - any way to code in airplay devices as playback destinations other than the android device or xbmc?

I had a look at the airplay protocol a couple of moths ago but run into problems to get the reverse communication channel working properly with xbmc which is the only airplay devices I own. Therefore no airplay support is planned for the moment
(2012-06-27, 20:23)mcage Wrote: 2 bugs:
- Track numbers are displayed as something like 654391, 654392, 654393 etc for all albums
- MP3 files with multiple tags for genre are not handled correctly. They are seperated by ; as is sort of the standard for multi genre tagging. XBMC itself handles them fine, but Music Pump has issues.

Unfortunatly the genre issues is a dealbreaker that makes the program in its current state non functional for me. Other then that the program looks very slick, fast and full of potential!

track number:
Hmm, these track numbers are returned by the json rpc interface, there is not much I can do about it. Are you actually using XBMC v11 "Eden" because this is the only supported XBMC version at the moment?

Genres:
This will be very complicated to fix, since my db schema does not support multiple genres. I wasn't even aware that people add multiple genres to their mp3 files using a ; as delimiter.

- Update with Movie and TV Show support available in the market!
- Added lockscreen control
- Added album sort order
- Rescan music / video library
- Artist albums
- many small fixes
(2012-06-28, 00:09)Millencolin007 Wrote:
(2012-06-27, 20:23)mcage Wrote: 2 bugs:

track number:
Hmm, these track numbers are returned by the json rpc interface, there is not much I can do about it. Are you actually using XBMC v11 "Eden" because this is the only supported XBMC version at the moment?

Genres:
This will be very complicated to fix, since my db schema does not support multiple genres. I wasn't even aware that people add multiple genres to their mp3 files using a ; as delimiter.

I reported the same error about track numbers some time ago. My guess was:
Another small bug: It seems that for tracks with 3 digit track numbers like 106, it somehow displays numbers like 65537.
In all other MP3 players the track numbers are fine, also in XBMC itself (Eden), only a problem with this remote.

Will try out the new version these days, hope that you go on with development as especially on android tablets a good remote does not exist so far!
The false track numbers are a bug in the json-rpc interface from xbmc. It seems that if an m3 file contains the cd number in the id3 tag a false track number is returned. Here is an example of the data I get back from xbmc. I will report this bug so that it will get fixed in the next xbmc release.

Code:
{
    "album": "Write About Love",
    "artist": "Belle and Sebastian",
    "duration": 273,
    "file": "/home/xbmc/Music/new/Belle and Sebastian - I Want the World to Stop.mp3",
    "genre": "Indie",
    "label": "I Want the World to Stop",
    "rating": 48,
    "songid": 18,
    "thumbnail": "special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Music/2/22e91d13.tbn",
    "title": "I Want the World to Stop",
    "track": 65540
},

(2012-06-28, 23:47)Millencolin007 Wrote: The false track numbers are a bug in the json-rpc interface from xbmc. It seems that if an m3 file contains the cd number in the id3 tag a false track number is returned. Here is an example of the data I get back from xbmc. I will report this bug so that it will get fixed in the next xbmc release.

Code:
{
    "album": "Write About Love",
    "artist": "Belle and Sebastian",
    "duration": 273,
    "file": "/home/xbmc/Music/new/Belle and Sebastian - I Want the World to Stop.mp3",
    "genre": "Indie",
    "label": "I Want the World to Stop",
    "rating": 48,
    "songid": 18,
    "thumbnail": "special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Music/2/22e91d13.tbn",
    "title": "I Want the World to Stop",
    "track": 65540
},

looks actually that I can retrieve the track number by using "track modulo 65536" and "track / 65536" to retrieve the disc number
Thumbs Up 
This app is way cool-- it's the first remote app I've ever tried. I don't own an android device, but I maintain/update a family member's aging HTC Desire. So while I was updating it to the latest Cyanogenmod yesterday, I took the time to check this out with our XBMC library. And although music is the one section of the library I still don't use yet (thus, I couldn't test the area where the app is most specialized), I can say the movies/TV stuff you recently added works pretty damn well!

Thanks for sharing your great work, Millencolin007. Repped! :-)
Tried the new version yesterday, much better and also TV and movie playback basically works.
My wish list for next versions:
-Remember last selected XBMC installation and automatically select it (so you don't have to connect manually each time you start the app)
-Have a music album view sorted by album artist (currently only sorted by album name, the artist view on the other side is useless for me as I have many various artists albums, so many artists with only one track). XBMC itself can also do that.

Bonus for the movies part:
-Support sets
-Support watched status, so you can only display the movies you have not seen

Besides that for now I am already quite satisfied :-)
Hope you keep up the good work!
Quote:Tried the new version yesterday, much better and also TV and movie playback basically works.
My wish list for next versions:
-Remember last selected XBMC installation and automatically select it (so you don't have to connect manually each time you start the app)
Currently you need one click on "Reconnect" since it reconnects to the last xbmc instance. So we are talking about one additional click. And every user wants some different kind of auto login: Login to default server, login to last server, login to a different server if you are on 3g network or wifi..

I was thinking about letting the user add a launcher shortcut which directly reconnects to the xbmc instance he wants.

Quote:-Have a music album view sorted by album artist (currently only sorted by album name, the artist view on the other side is useless for me as I have many various artists albums, so many artists with only one track). XBMC itself can also do that.
This feature is already there. Under settings you can change the "Album sort order" by artist or by album

Quote:Bonus for the movies part:
-Support sets
Will maybe add this later, but this is a low priority since I never use this feature myself

Quote:-Support watched status, so you can only display the movies you have not seen
This feature is also present. From the movie or tv show screens you can hit the dropdown menu on top right to show/hide watched items
I just pushed a new version 0.95 to the android market with some enhancements.

- The app should now also work with current xbmc nightly builds
- Added music rating support and manually change show/hide watched status of Movies and TV shows (xbmc nightly builds only)
- Prevent app crash when navigating through menus on Jelly Bean
Awesome app!

I noticed with the latest update things are definitely improved but I have noticed some things..

When selecting the little speaker icon during playback, the app crashes every time (in JB 4.1.1).
Also could you please decrease the interval that the volume changes in? Seems to be a pretty large jump.
The scale of the fetched artwork from xbmc is very low resolution, but this could be a result of the nightlies perhaps?
If the screen is off, the app seems to hang on playing the next item in the playlist (this could be a result of my own phone settings)

Love the app! Thank you very much for making it!
As I said before, great work, and thank you for sharing this.

It's getting even better with the recent updates - adding the video playback means I seldom use the 'official' app, other than when I need to use the remote buttons to change playback settings for video.

My latest wishlist & poss bugs list:
- Not sure if this is the app or XBMC, but album art doesn't seem to be updating. Recently made a lot of changes to album Art, but the old ones are still showing. I've selected Clear Cache option in the settings, and done several DB refreshes, but still showing old Artwork.
- I may be wrong, or this may even be intentional, but if I had a huge number of files (ie all of them) to the playlist, it doesn't actually appear to add all of them / display them all, instead appearing to favour higher rated tracks. Not a big deal (preferential sometimes), just curious to know if this is the intended behaviour?

- This is being really picky, but I like how the official app shows a tick mark next to watched video, rather than having to hide altogether Big Grin

- The main one though being around the playlist being held locally - and in particular how it stops playing if you lose connection (as mine auto-disconnects x mins after the screen goes off). I know this is a topic you've talked a lot about already, and understand the reasons - indeed, it 'holding' your playlist even if you start watching video is a major benefit, but if there's a workaround to this, it would score major brownie points - and to take it even further, allowing others to view/manage the playlist. For example, I will setup a playlist on my tablet. But I then leave for work (taking said tablet) meaning my wife has to start from scratch. Or, if she wants to add / skip tracks she has to kick me off my tablet for a bit.

- oh, and +1 for Artist & Genre artwork should the ability to do so come up Smile

don't let me sounds like complaining - I'm really not - I love this app - remains one of my most used apps on my tablet - it's aesthetically & functionally superior to everything else out there, by quite a margin!

Keep up the sterling work
(2012-07-13, 21:03)skabyss Wrote: Awesome app!

I noticed with the latest update things are definitely improved but I have noticed some things..

When selecting the little speaker icon during playback, the app crashes every time (in JB 4.1.1).
Also could you please decrease the interval that the volume changes in? Seems to be a pretty large jump.
The scale of the fetched artwork from xbmc is very low resolution, but this could be a result of the nightlies perhaps?
If the screen is off, the app seems to hang on playing the next item in the playlist (this could be a result of my own phone settings)

Love the app! Thank you very much for making it!

I just noticed that I uploaded the wrong apk yesterday, which did not yet fix the issue with JB and has a couple of other issues. You should get an update through play store in a moment. I also changed the volume decrease/increase interval from 10% to 5%.

For the thumbnails, try to clear the thumbnail cache from the music pump settings or by deleting the folder under /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/ch.berard.musicpump/cache. I have improved thumbnail resolution lately and you are probably still seeing the cached thumbnails from older versions. Also there have been a couple of changes for album thumbnails lately so low resolution may also be related to this.

Yo do not by chance automatically kill the wifi connection when the screen goes off? This would prevent the app to play the next song since it waits for a "song complete" event from xbmc to play the next song.
Quote:My latest wishlist & poss bugs list:
- Not sure if this is the app or XBMC, but album art doesn't seem to be updating. Recently made a lot of changes to album Art, but the old ones are still showing. I've selected Clear Cache option in the settings, and done several DB refreshes, but still showing old Artwork.

You can try to remove the folder /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/ch.berard.musicpump/cache manually. All thumbnails are cached in this folder. If you still get wrong/old thumbnails it is xbmc which sends some cached images.

Quote:- I may be wrong, or this may even be intentional, but if I had a huge number of files (ie all of them) to the playlist, it doesn't actually appear to add all of them / display them all, instead appearing to favour higher rated tracks. Not a big deal (preferential sometimes), just curious to know if this is the intended behaviour?
For performance reasons it only displays the first 1000 songs in the play queue but actually adds all songs => If you hit shuffle it will play all songs.

Quote:- This is being really picky, but I like how the official app shows a tick mark next to watched video, rather than having to hide altogether Big Grin
Didn't have time yet to implement it yet but it will come ;-)

Quote:- The main one though being around the playlist being held locally - and in particular how it stops playing if you lose connection (as mine auto-disconnects x mins after the screen goes off). I know this is a topic you've talked a lot about already, and understand the reasons - indeed, it 'holding' your playlist even if you start watching video is a major benefit, but if there's a workaround to this, it would score major brownie points - and to take it even further, allowing others to view/manage the playlist. For example, I will setup a playlist on my tablet. But I then leave for work (taking said tablet) meaning my wife has to start from scratch. Or, if she wants to add / skip tracks she has to kick me off my tablet for a bit.
I am not going to change the way playlists are handled, but I may add some kind of party mode where everyone can add songs or youtube videos to the queue

Quote:- oh, and +1 for Artist & Genre artwork should the ability to do so come up Smile
Artist artwork is actually already implemented, you just need to enable it from settings ;-)

• 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Pump Kodi Remote7