• 9(current)
Android Music Pump Kodi Remote
(2012-09-23, 09:46)Millencolin007 Wrote:
(2012-09-22, 12:24)mighty_bombero Wrote:
(2012-09-16, 20:05)Millencolin007 Wrote: The play queue for music is managed on the android device and not on xbmc itself. Since I don't want to poll xbmc for the playback status every second the app relies on the notifications (play, pause, stop,...) received from xbmc to detect that a song finished in order to play the next one. On some xbmc builds the notifications are broken which may be the case with the build you are using.

Does this mean if the memory management of the device kicks the app, the music stops. I ask because I'm using the Nook Color with ICS and that is not a setup with abundant memory.

MB

Yes if memory management kills the app music will stop after the song is complete. This is not the case if you are using file mode since all tracks will be queued on xbmc directly.

Normally the app is written in a way that the android system does not kill it while music is playing. It is possible to set some flags to prevent the app from being killed even if it is in the background.

So it did work fine for the last two days but only as long as nothing was added to the queue in another way. Once I added a file from the official remote or via an IR remote, Music Pump would always repeat the first track. Is this expected? Could you maybe implement clearing the queue if XBMC has been used in another way before? Or am I just hallucinating.

On the other discussion. The app is so slick I sure would pay if the minor annoyances were fixed.

MB
For music playback (not using file mode) the queue is held locally on your android device. So there is going to be a problem if you start to add songs to two different queues.
If you add songs from another remote I expect the following thing to happen:

1) You hit play in music pump. Playqueue in xbmc gets cleared and the next song is set in the playqueue on xbmc.
2) You queue a song in the xbmc playlist (from another remote)
3) song playback is complete => music pump gets an event from xbmc. (song complete / itemId )
4) The app checks if it is the song it started to play.
- If yes: it clears the playqueue on xbmc and starts playing the next song. (your songs previously queued from another remote get kicked )
- If no: another remote was used to play something and music pump will leaves the "master" mode and stops queuing songs on xbmc when playback is complete.

Now I am not 100% sure what happens in your case. If you have enabled repeat in music pump and only have one song in the queue it will repeat until you stop playback from the remote or start playing a track from a different remote or from xbmc itself otherwise I think it should continue playback of the local play queue normally

Are you using nightly builds or eden? Maybe something has changed and is not working properly anymore. I will take a look at it.
Once again, a small update in the market. Will be available in a moment.

- Added a virtual keyboard in the remote and in the file browser.
- Fix for a recent change in xbmc nightlies that broke music library updates
I'm running the most recent version (In fact, I JUST found this program!) and am running XBMC pre-frodo from Aug 1. I can connect to and see my TV library as well as my Movie Library but cannot, for whatever reason, see my music library using Music Pump.

I cannot compile/update my version of XBMC as I'm running several devices around the house sharing a database and unless I upgrade them all I'll screw up the database..

Is there a way to enable logging so that we can see why it's not connecting or why it shows 0 songs when it shows all of my Movies and TV episodes?

Cheers!
(2012-10-01, 22:25)manxam Wrote: I'm running the most recent version (In fact, I JUST found this program!) and am running XBMC pre-frodo from Aug 1. I can connect to and see my TV library as well as my Movie Library but cannot, for whatever reason, see my music library using Music Pump.

I cannot compile/update my version of XBMC as I'm running several devices around the house sharing a database and unless I upgrade them all I'll screw up the database..

Is there a way to enable logging so that we can see why it's not connecting or why it shows 0 songs when it shows all of my Movies and TV episodes?

Cheers!

In august xbmc nightly builds json requests for fetching the music library sometimes take very long when fetching thumbnails on large libraries and slow machines. If the app does not get the a response after a couple of seconds the "notification on top" fades out and shows 0 songs until it imports some data. If you wait a moment (maybe a minute or two) and then browse your music library you may see the files.

Otherwise you can try raspberry pi mode from the settings and see if this works better.

If it is still not working you can execute the request below using curl from a terminal / cmd prompt and send me the output to the support email address in the play store or as pm. (You have to replace 192.168.1.10:8080 with the settings of your xbmc installation) curl should be installed on any linux distribution but you can also get a windows or osx binary from http://curl.haxx.se/download.html
You will also see if it takes a couple of seconds or minutes to return the data...

To print the output to the terminal
Code:
curl  -H "Content-Type: application/json"  -d "{\"jsonrpc\": \"2.0\", \"method\": \"AudioLibrary.GetSongs\", \"params\" : { \"properties\" : [\"title\", \"artist\", \"genre\", \"album\", \"track\", \"file\", \"duration\", \"rating\", \"albumid\", \"albumartist\", \"year\", \"thumbnail\" ] }, \"id\" : 1 }" http://192.168.1.10:8080/jsonrpc

To print the output to a file
Code:
curl  -H "Content-Type: application/json"  -d "{\"jsonrpc\": \"2.0\", \"method\": \"AudioLibrary.GetSongs\", \"params\" : { \"properties\" : [\"title\", \"artist\", \"genre\", \"album\", \"track\", \"file\", \"duration\", \"rating\", \"albumid\", \"albumartist\", \"year\", \"thumbnail\" ] }, \"id\" : 1 }" http://192.168.1.10:8080/jsonrpc > request.txt
I'd really like to thank you for the awesome app you made.
I just wish I knew about it sooner Wink
MillenCollin007: choosing Raspberry-Pi appears to have worked for my ATV2 devices. It broke the album art but the rest is working perfectly, thank you!

Seeing as how I'm using an sql database and the database is on a very fast server, I don't suppose there is a way to grab the data from sql server but choose playback on a specific xbmc instance is there? That would save the load on the ATV2 clients that I have around the house when getting TV, Movie, and Music listings.. Just a thought if it's possible?

Cheers and thanks again for this excellent piece of software.
Good to hear that it works with the raspberry-pi mode. You can disable the raspberry-pi mode once the thumbnail performance issue is fixed in froyo.

I think caching the files locally is a better solution than connecting to the sql server directly. Also the db schema may change at any time and break the access.
In Music Pump the Music Library is completely cached offline therefore there won't be any impact on your ATV2 when browsing your music (except a manual library refresh). Movies and TV Shows are updated in the background when you browse through the directories so that newly added episodes and watched status is properly displayed. But that data is smaller and is retrieved quickly.
Excellent. Thanks for your quick response and, again, thanks for the excellent program. I haven't had any time to play with it besides getting it to connect to the music library but will tinker more this weekend... When it's final and you have a donationware version on GoogleTonguelay count me in.

Cheers!
Can someone please send me a link to download the apk file I can't get it from the market because I am using a android rom for my touch diamond.
When I try to connect to xbmc on my linux pc I get the following error.

java.lang.illegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_OBJECT but was STRING at line 2 column 7

I am using xbmc from the RPM Fusion repository. xbmc-11.0.7.el6.x86_64.rpm It says it was compiled from git in July.

Any idea what is wrong?
This is typically the exception you get if you connect to a wrong port or ip address and there is something else responding on that port which can't be parsed to json by the app

Check your settings in the app and verify that you can connect to the xbmc web interface with your browser. By default this is http://your_ip:8080. Otherwise you probably forgot to enable the web interface in xbmc itself or you already have something else running on port 8080 (sabnzbd, sickbeard...)
(2012-10-21, 09:51)Millencolin007 Wrote: This is typically the exception you get if you connect to a wrong port or ip address and there is something else responding on that port which can't be parsed to json by the app

Check your settings in the app and verify that you can connect to the xbmc web interface with your browser. By default this is http://your_ip:8080. Otherwise you probably forgot to enable the web interface in xbmc itself or you already have something else running on port 8080 (sabnzbd, sickbeard...)

Thanks! The port was conflicting with sabnzbd!

I noticed your app can play music on the local device or on xbmc could you extend this to play on any upnp device? That would be a fantastic feature being able to push music from a xbmc server to upnp devices round the house.

Keep up the good work!
Best on the market. Thanks for the work. A glaring flaw seems to be that the 'now playing' feature doesn't seem to want to sync with what's actually playing now. For instance, if I initiate the playing of a song with another device or even with another remote, your app doesn't seem to understand that there's something actually playing. It just sits there as if nothing is playing.

However, if I initiate playing something with this app, then the 'now playing' area displays as expected.
I think that's the 'correct' behaviour, as it's the app which masters the playlist, not XBMC - the app, in essence, doesn't care what is playing now, only what it expects to be playing based on what it has told XBMC to play.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Pump Kodi Remote7