How to create a "top shelf" of albums to listen to?
Hello guys,

Recently I got few hundred mp3 albums of music I already have on vinyl. Some are albums I just want to store and listen to rarely, and some are forgotten gems I want to hear more of in the coming weeks/months...

So my idea (which did not work, sadly!) was to create shortcuts to each of those folders, and to put the shortcuts into a folder called "1 Top Shelf" - and my hope was that in File View I could click on one of these albums and the folder containing it would open, and I could then play it... but XBMC does no "see" windows shortcuts (not in Ubuntu, as my server is PC and my HTPC downstairs is Ubuntu).

So this did not work.
Then I was thinking maybe some rating system, but the only rating I know of is the 5 star ID3 tagging, which is for a track, not an album.

Is there any way to be able to somehow mark albums so one can find them again easily? I know one can add "favourites" but that is also for tracks, not albums, so that doesnt work well.

Any ideas? thanks,

Mark.
You basically want to see them by date added. Read up on smart playlists: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Pla...t_playlist

You could also put the albums you want to hear in a separate folder, then add that folder as a different source. Then when you want to hear them specifically, just go to that source
Hi, yeah I could, but and had done that but it's messy as I'd like my library alphabetical and organised. Also when I'm done wanting them in that "top shelf" folder, I'd move them to the main libraryand have to rescan the library.

Favourites works for artists and albums... I thought it was just tracks, so this is an ok solution, as a bit messy as I have lots of other stuff in favourites.

I'd love to be able to enter key words into a comments field which could be subsequently filtered for... So I could add the words saying when an album was added, or find other key words useful for filtering.

Thanks, Mark.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to create a "top shelf" of albums to listen to?0