[REQUEST] UFC.tv plugin
Short description.
On UFC.tv you can purchase fights legally from the UFC so this is an official thing not some behind-the-scenes-sketchy kind of thing. Uses RTMP and mp4, the player is a flashplayer on the site.

Goal.
To be able to login using the addon and watch free videos + any purchased videos. Purchase might have to be done using a browser unless someone can figure out how to do it using the addon.

Notes.
I've not yet managed to use rtmpdump to access any of the videos even the free ones, been doing some dumps with wireshark but no progress yet. I will be more then happy to help with debugging and testing.

Debugging trying to play a free video:
Quote:deegan@lappy:~$ rtmpdump -r rtmp://cp117209.edgefcs.net/ondemand/mp4:s/ufc/vod/vol1/20120813/ufc-151-jones-pre-interview.dsk_400.mp4 -o foo -V
RTMPDump v2.3
© 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
DEBUG: Protocol : RTMP
DEBUG: Hostname : cp117209.edgefcs.net
DEBUG: Port : 1935
DEBUG: Playpath : mp4:s/ufc/vod/vol1/20120813/ufc-151-jones-pre-interview.dsk_400.mp4
DEBUG: tcUrl : rtmp://cp117209.edgefcs.net:1935/ondemand
DEBUG: app : ondemand
DEBUG: live : no
DEBUG: timeout : 30 sec
DEBUG: Setting buffer time to: 36000000ms
Connecting ...
DEBUG: RTMP_Connect1, ... connected, handshaking
DEBUG: HandShake: Type Answer : 03
DEBUG: HandShake: Server Uptime : 370180183
DEBUG: HandShake: FMS Version : 3.5.7.1
DEBUG: HandShake: Handshaking finished....
DEBUG: RTMP_Connect1, handshaked
DEBUG: Invoking connect
INFO: Connected...
DEBUG: RTMP_ClientPacket, received: invoke 134 bytes
DEBUG: (object begin)
DEBUG: Property: NULL
DEBUG: Property: <Name: level, STRING: error>
DEBUG: Property: <Name: code, STRING: NetConnection.Connect.Rejected>
DEBUG: Property: <Name: description, STRING: [ AccessManager.Reject ] : Access denied!>
DEBUG: (object end)
DEBUG: HandleInvoke, server invoking <_error>
ERROR: rtmp server sent error
DEBUG: RTMP_ClientPacket, received: invoke 18 bytes
DEBUG: Property: NULL
DEBUG: HandleInvoke, server invoking <close>
ERROR: rtmp server requested close
DEBUG: Closing connection.

HTML code:
Quote:<script type="text/javascript">writeFlexPlayer("rtmp://cp117209.edgefcs.net/ondemand/mp4:s/ufc/vod/vol1/20120813/ufc-151-jones-pre-interview.dsk_400.mp4", false, "1648", "UFC 151: Jon Jones Pre-Fight Interview","",true)</script>

Note sure if the code to FlexPlayer is GPL or BSD or something like that, but here's the URL to the js file, http://e1.cdnl3.neulion.com/ufc/player/u...xplayer.js
+1 for this Smile
Added some debug info. Maybe someone can help out? We got people who are lots better than me on coding python and dissecting json. Smile
Any news on this? I also use ufc.tv and would be awesome if we had this
bought a roku so i could buy fights. would prefer to use my xbmc box. Smile
this sounds like a great idea! unfortunately no coding knowledge, but just bumping the thread, hopefully somebody will be able to help you out
surprised there's not more interest in this! i'm using my iphone to airplay the post fight press conferences to my xbmc but would obviously prefer to access videos directly from xbmc itself.
(2012-12-14, 16:18)wolfbiker Wrote: surprised there's not more interest in this! i'm using my iphone to airplay the post fight press conferences to my xbmc but would obviously prefer to access videos directly from xbmc itself.

I agree, I would like this -- however, you can use the youtube plugin to watch the live now feed of the post/pre/ fight press conferences, weigh ins, and im pretty sure you would be able to use the UFC Youtube purchase and play it on xbmc as well. I think it is about 10$ more though than the ufc.tv feed unfortunately.

But this is an alternative that will probably work for you for now.
I have been trying to watch other live streams (lacrosse) on YouTube, but I am getting an error that the video doesn't exist. Are you just using it out of the box to get the UFC live stream?
The XBMC YouTube app isn't the same as using the site, I don't think you can browse to a specific user and view their videos and purchase an event like you can using a browser.

I have XBMC (OpenELEC) running from a USB thumb drive, so ended up installing a hard drive with Windows in my computer so I could view UFC streams that way.
Did anyone ever build an official UFC tv kodi addon? I can't find one, all I find are addons for pirate streams. I have a UFC account and would like something to watch on kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] UFC.tv plugin1