• 3(current)
[RELEASED]: MCE Live TV (and MCE Netflix) XBMC Integration
I tried this but on esc my mcenetflix closes but xbmc window doesnt come up .. its still minimized.. what am I doing wrong?
(2012-06-01, 16:15)hardrock_121 Wrote: I tried this but on esc my mcenetflix closes but xbmc window doesnt come up .. its still minimized.. what am I doing wrong?

I have the same issue. Any ideas?
I had the same issues. XBMC was not being brought forward again. Since I already had AutoIt installed to integrate Hulu Desktop application (much simpler than the menu interface for BlueCop's = higher WAF), I decided to throw this into a similar AutoIt script, compile, and add to Adv. Launcher.

Here is the script that I used for it:
Code:
Run(@WindowsDir & "\ehome\ehshell.exe /url:windowsmediacenterapp:{e6f46126-f8a9-4a97-9159-b70b07890112}\{982ea9d3-915c-4713-a3c8-99a4688b7c59}?EntryPointParameters=","", @SW_MAXIMIZE)
ProcessWait ( "ehshell.exe" )
ProcessWaitClose ( "ehshell.exe" )
WinSetState ( "XBMC", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE )

This will launch Netflix, wait for 7MC to close, then forces XBMC back to focus. The OP's EscToCloseMCE.exe makes closing out of Netflix much easier and nicer for the WAF.

That said, I am getting an annoying error popup with both the OPs method and my script above. When it launches MCE Netflix, it pops up the stupid little blue box in the bottom corner saying that the page cannot be displayed. While it is saying that stupid error, the Netfllix interface is loading up in the back just fine. So I have to click OK out of the error message and I'm in my Netflix with no issues. Anyone else get that message or know how to get rid of it?

EDIT: I also just noticed that if you go into Adv. Launcher, press C on your Netflix launcher and choose "Edit Launcher", then choose "Advanced Modifications", you can then change "Toggle XBMC Fullscreen" from on to off. This will stop XBMC from popping out into a fullscreen window and make it stay true fullscreen. This just helps keep things in more of smoother transition between the two. Using my AutoIt script above, it still minimizes XBMC in the background while Netflix is up though. The only issue with this is that it only improves the transition from XBMC->Netflix and not from Netflix back into XBMC. You will still see a quick flash of the desktop during the return. Hiding the taskbar and using a solid black background helps make that flash a little nicer.
setup and working - what skins would you suggest work best? Currently using confluence
OK... got a question... these scripts are great.. but what im trying to do is set up a button on my harmony remote.. so if i go to select recorded tv on my remote.. it minimizes xbmc and goes to recorded tv in wmc.. and then goes back once wmc is closed. right now, the way its set up is i click recorded tv, and it opens on top of xbmc.. which i dont want (for WAF).. any ideas?
Question 
Just wondering is anyone else getting the "Unable to Display Page, Server not responding..." popup every time they open Netflix? It disappears in a few seconds and everything works, it's just kinda annoying...

Thanks guys!
(2012-06-21, 01:14)bry- Wrote: setup and working - what skins would you suggest work best? Currently using confluence

Personally I use Neon and have it on my home menu. Let me know if you need a Netflix background! Big Grin

Working great thanks
Hey if you guys are interested I just added WMC's Internet TV, just create a shortcut with this string:

%windir%\ehome\ehshell.exe /url:windowsmediacenterapp:{e6f46126-f8a9-4a97-9159-b70b07890112}\{6a0bf4f6-4ea9-4334-96ea-44f3e813be83}?EntryPointParameters=ProviderID=eaa73961-90b2-452a-9a43-82f31601c417
Ugh, well this was the perfect solution for me, except wmc netflix app will not work from a canadian ip for whatever reason. Seems this problem has gone on for quite awhile, and microsoft has not added support for canadian ip's.
I'm also getting that annoying blue pop up in the corner "Unable to Display Page" and something about a proxy. Anyone figure this out?
I'm getting this message too. However once I click Ok, everything works fine.
(2012-05-13, 20:43)Zellig Wrote: I have mapped the ESC key to the EXIT button on my universal remote (which also works nicely to jump back to the Main Menu in XBMC as well). I have mapped the BACK command to the PREVIOUS button on my remote, which I use to navigate back one step at a time, both in XBMC, and MCE Live TV and MCE Netflix.

Is there a way to keep someone from "backing" all the way in to MCE? If it could just stop at the main Netflix screen and not allow entrance into the main (blue) MCE home page, that would be ideal...

Thank you
How would I be able instead:
Inside XBMC launch WMC and close XBMC
Inside WMC, Launch XBMC and close WMC

Turns out my 4 yr old PC isn't strong enough to manage both apps. Live TV is extremely jittery when using this option, but if I close XBMC, LiveTV in WMC clears up.
(2012-08-06, 03:00)stevedawg85 Wrote: How would I be able instead:
Inside XBMC launch WMC and close XBMC
Inside WMC, Launch XBMC and close WMC

Turns out my 4 yr old PC isn't strong enough to manage both apps. Live TV is extremely jittery when using this option, but if I close XBMC, LiveTV in WMC clears up.

What he wrote..
(2012-08-06, 03:00)stevedawg85 Wrote: Inside XBMC launch WMC and close XBMC

After making sure it launches correctly with Advanced Launcher, I used the context menu to make it a favorite. I then put the favorite on my home menu so the kids could just click it and open Netflix.

(2012-08-06, 03:00)stevedawg85 Wrote: Inside WMC, Launch XBMC and close WMC

I am using Windows 7 and Eventghost, so I just created this batch file:
Code:
taskkill /F /IM ehshell.exe
start "XBMC" "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe"
and mapped a button push to open this. It will "kill" (close) Netflix and open XBMC.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASED]: MCE Live TV (and MCE Netflix) XBMC Integration1