VobSubs showing double entries
I'm having a weird problem with all vobsubs in XBMC 11. When I watch a movie, mkv for example, I always have the subs in a folder called Subs alongside the mkv-file.
When I start the movie and go into the audio/subs menu, it always show double the amount of entries as there are subtitles.

For example, if the vobsubs have 1 english track, you will have 2 entries in the subtitles selection. Only the 2nd one will work, the 1st one does nothing.
If I have vobsubs with 3 tracks, it will show 6 entries and so on. This happens with all movies (300+) and I've checked the .idx files in Notepad and they don't really contain anything odd that could explain this behavior. I also did not have this problem before Eden.

Any ideas?
I'm not sure why you are seeing multiples for your available tracks, but I usually have the subtitle tracks in the same folder as the movie, not in subfolders. Have you tried removing all the subtitles from the movie folder to see if it then show none? Then put one in the root movie folder and see what happens?
It makes no difference if they are in the Subs folder or in the root, the same behavior occurs. If there are no subs, no entries are shown.

After some investigating though, I found the problem in the last place I'd look, the mkv-file properties. All my mkv-files have only one video track and because of that I have set the default flag to "on" for the video track. If I set it to "off", the correct amount of subtitle entries is shown. I don't really see why this flag should cause such weird behavior in XBMC and I can't imagine it's by design.

I'm fairly certain this isn't a Windows bug either but happens regardless of the operating system. I'll remove the thread prefix.
That is interesting. If you can replicate it at will, then it would be good to file a TRAC ticket.
Seems I jumped the gun and now I don't even know how I actually came to the conclusion I did. The problem still remains, regardless of how the flag is set in the MKV properties. This happens both with MKV's I've made myself and with "others".
Hmm. I am having a hard time replicating the issue. Until we can figure out what is causing it, we will not be able to create a proper TRAC ticket. Can you install Dharma and run it in portable mode, then make sure it does not happen. You could possibly grab a debug log from both Eden and Dharma playing back the same movie. Then we can compare the logs to see if that gives a clue to what is happening.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VobSubs showing double entries0