Win Why do some films not show in wide screen ??
Running windows 7 on a Lenovo Q180 Intel Atom D2700 and a AMD 6450 XBMC Eden RC2 HD

a fair few of my DVD MKV rips do not show in full wide screen i.e there aspect is windowed and dont go to edge left and right ?
Allot do but a fair few do not am i doing something wrong in the XBMC settings ? I have aspect set to FULL even if i put this to 16:9 it does nothing.

Any help would be great thanks.
You mean you get black borders on all sides?

If so, it's probably a non-anamorphic DVD, which means the top and bottom borders are actually part of the video. The movie is therefor actually filling the screen vertically like any 4:3 movie.

You have to manually zoom in unless you edit the movie to remove the top and bottom borders.
Yes black boarders all around, I know that different aspect ratios will give me various sizes of black boarders top and bottom but i have never seen black bars left and right ??
See this page for a good comparison between non-anamorphic vs anamorphic video, http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/a...5demo.html
You might also want to check your overscan settings in ATI Catalyst Control Centre. If you are using ;adjust refresh rate' in xbmc, you will have to ensure that all refresh rates you use have overscan settings set to 0%.
Basically list the DVD titles, here's a list.

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/Misc/ar1-anamorphic.htm

"This list consists of DVDs which are nonanamorphic
or do not include dts tracks in region one, but are
anamorphic and/or include dts tracks in other regions."
(2012-05-15, 08:25)steelman1991 Wrote: You might also want to check your overscan settings in ATI Catalyst Control Centre. If you are using ;adjust refresh rate' in xbmc, you will have to ensure that all refresh rates you use have overscan settings set to 0%.

Hi Steelman1991

I have not seen any filed that adjust refreash rate where is this please.

Thanks for your time.
Go to XBCM\System\Video\Playback and check 'Adjust refresh rate to match video'. As I said in my previous post though if this is activated you have to ensure that all refresh rates you are likely to use have to be checked to enure that overscan settings are set to 0%.

To do this change the refresh rate to eg 24hz and save, then go to ATI CCC\My Digital Flat-Panels\Scaling Options and set overscan to 0% and apply and save. Do this with each refresh rate you are likely to use and see if that helps with the 'border' problem. Though bear in mind that it may just be what sialivi says and that they are just non-anamorphic transfers.
If the above suggestions doesn't work, you can go into video settings and try different view mode as shown below, and then save it as "Default for all movies".......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-05-16, 16:13)bluray Wrote: If the above suggestions doesn't work, you can go into video settings and try different view mode as shown below, and then save it as "Default for all movies".......

I had done this one bluray Wink but did not work for me Sad thanks though.

actually what is POST PROCESSING ?
(2012-05-16, 09:55)steelman1991 Wrote: Go to XBCM\System\Video\Playback and check 'Adjust refresh rate to match video'. As I said in my previous post though if this is activated you have to ensure that all refresh rates you are likely to use have to be checked to enure that overscan settings are set to 0%.

To do this change the refresh rate to eg 24hz and save, then go to ATI CCC\My Digital Flat-Panels\Scaling Options and set overscan to 0% and apply and save. Do this with each refresh rate you are likely to use and see if that helps with the 'border' problem. Though bear in mind that it may just be what sialivi says and that they are just non-anamorphic transfers.

I will try this out Friday night thanks Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why do some films not show in wide screen ??0