Movie audio from XBMC installed on ATV to Airport express - is it possible?
Hi All,

I am a noob to XBMC so please forgive my ignorance.
I have read and searched a lot but could not find a definitive answer so posting it here.

I recently bought an Apple TV3 but after realizing that I can not jailbreak it, I exchanged it with ATV2 with my brother.
I jailbroke the ATV2 with seas0npass and have successfully installed XBMC Eden on it.

My question is whether it is possible to route audio from ATV2 to Apple Airport Express while playing a movie on XBMC?
I have my projector attached to the ATV2 via HDMI but my music system is on another side of the room and was thus wondering if I could route the audio of movie to Airport Express.
I know we can route normal music files but I am not sure about audio from movies that are being played on an XBMC installed on ATV.

Can someone please share their knowledge and let me know if this is possible in current release of XBMC for ATV.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Piyush
nope
Hi Ned,

Thanks for your reply.
Is there a possibility of this being introduced in next release? (has it been requested as a feature?)
Is there some DIY script or addon that could come handy to achieve what I am trying?

What if I play movie on xbmc on my windows laptop and try to route video to my apple TV (via AirPlay) and audio to Airport express via (airtunes/airplay)?
Is that possible?

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Piyush

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie audio from XBMC installed on ATV to Airport express - is it possible?0