No more "out of the box" DTS-CD support?
First of all, I would like to thank all the developers for their great work. XBMC is one of the sleekest pieces of freeware I'm aware of.

Now to my problem. Last week I installed Eden and immediately noticed that the built-in support for DTS-CD playback via analog output has gone. IIRC, last time I checked a fresh XBMC build (it was probably one of the last year's Dharma-based nightlies) it seemed to work OK, although the official Wiki says that some SVN dll's were required for even earlier builds, so I'm confused a bit. The only other 2 players that play these CD's by default are VLC and Plex, but I like XBMC for Windows much better. Of course, these CD's are pretty obscure (I have only one of them), but a hassle-free support for as many formats as possible is a nice virtue, isn't it? So, why was DTS-CD support abandoned? Or am I wrong, if so, what can I do to enable it? Thanks in advance!
Hi there, it's something that will be added again as part of the new audio engine, but can't give a specific date at this point.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Cool, thanks, looking forward to this new audio engine baby...
It is in nightlies now if you want to dabble - you can run in portable mode using xbmc.exe -p
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
OK, thanks, I'll try it! (A bit of off-topic: does this new engine already output (to analog) any resolution higher than 16 bits?)
If your hardware supports it, yes - it can output 24bit resolution.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No more "out of the box" DTS-CD support?0