Xbmc Startup
I've been trying to get xbmc start up automatically but i'm having problems.I've put the xbmc shortcut into my startup folder and it starts up when i go into windows but it starts minimized. Why is this and what do i do to prevent this.
Windows is still in boot process, and some applications are taking focus putting XBMC in minimized mode. I suggest you use the -d (for delay) tag with sufficient time for the dust to settle before launch.
How is this -d (for delay) done.
Right click the XBMC icon in the Startup folder and click properties, and in the "Target" field you'll see something like:

Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe"

Append "-d 10" to this (without the quotes) so the target looks like:

Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe" -d 10

This will delay XBMC's launch by 10 seconds and hopefully give time for the rest of the stuff that loads at start to finish loading. You can change the 10 second delay to a greater or smaller number as appropriate. Experiment and see.

NB the best way to solve this problem is to see what's loading and stop it loading. I have a clean install of Win 7 on my HTPC and the only think that loads at start is the anti-virus (AVG) and this doesn't seem to cause focus problems. If you use an AMD video card the AMD software is notorious for causing problems with stealing the focus.
Thanks alot, I do have a amd video card so as you say mabe thats wats doing it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc Startup0