Usability Tweaks
I have two suggestions for consideration:

Default Keys:
I have a RC6 remote, and also a Motorola Nyxboard.

Both seem to have the "Info" button mapped to the "Info" command. (the letter "i" on a standard keyboard)

While this may seem like a great idea, the "Player Controls (OSD)" dialog is almost exactly the same as "info" except is shows the extra row of controls (skip, pause, video options, audio options etc...)

I think that "Info" should be replaced by "Player Controls (OSD)"
( these are the keys "i" and "m" )

This would fix both very common remotes, and remove the need for one key entirely.
I have no idea of what the benefit of "Info" is over "Player Controls (OSD)"

Video Switching:
Most people want to run XBMC with a refresh rate of 50 or 60. 24 is just to slow and makes the home screen look jerky.

When playing a video, you want to "Adjust display refresh rate to match video"
This means that when you play a video encoded at 24fps, your TV will flick to 24Hz mode and give the best experience
Likewise, when you play a video encoded at 25fps, you TV will flick to 50Hz mode and give a great experience. (25fps doubled)

When I play a video at 24fps, my screen correctly changes to 24Hz. When I push the "Fullscreen" button to get the menu overlaid on what is playing, my TV flicks back to 60Hz and there is a 2 sec delay, skipping audio etc.

When using the "Fullscreen" option, it would be more ideal if the screen just stayed at the same refresh rate. This would eliminate the change in refresh rate, making the transition to the overlaid menu much more smooth.

Pressing "Stop" should then force the home screen back into its native 50 or 60, as running the menu in 24Hz full time is not desirable.

Thoughts?

As always, thanks for the hard work. I am loving Eden, and need to donate again as I have been with each release.
(2012-05-17, 14:51)kortina Wrote: I think that "Info" should be replaced by "Player Controls (OSD)"
( these are the keys "i" and "m" )

This would fix both very common remotes, and remove the need for one key entirely.
I have no idea of what the benefit of "Info" is over "Player Controls (OSD)"
And how would you open the video info dialog when browsing movies/tvshows/episodes in the library? That's only possible using the Info key (i.e. "i") whereas the "m" key doesn't have any functionality when browsing media in the library. So with "i" you can cover actions both when browsing media and during playback while "m" only covers playback. Furthermore you can open the "Player Controls (OSD)" by using the key on your remote that maps to the "Enter" key on your keyboard.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Usability Tweaks0