A few Questions
Hi,

I am completely new to the whole HTPC side of computing, last night I installed XBMC and downloaded the Aeon skin. I am liking the skin a lot thanks for all your awesome work.

I just have a few questions which are frustrating the hell out of me cause I have no idea what I am doing:

1) I have set up a source for my music in Aeon. The problem is that I dont get the cool looking view that I see around here on the forum with all the skins.

Its there but no fan art or album art or any info comes up. I'm trying to get it to look similar to this:

Image (Just a random image I found on the net)

But all I get is ugly boxes with names, no pictures nothing.

I thought XBMC scan's all this information from the net right? Like it does with Movies, TV shows etc?

If I'm wrong is there some program that I can use to do this for me? I have like 10,000 mp3 so its an epic mission?

2) In the main homescreen of Aeon, there is all the menu's (like movies, music etc). I want to remove videos and in its place have "Music Videos" or something similar? How do I do this, I spent an age last night playing around trying to do this but it never worked. I even tried using the "Concerts" menu but I couldn't manage to get my Music Videos to show in that menu, it just said I needed to add sources when I clicked on it?

I tried going into Settings > Skin > Shortcuts and Backgrounds (I think its called) where you can activate/deactivate the menus etc. I tried making a Playlist called Music Vids (so it would fit on the home screen bar) in which I selected a smart playlist (which I had sourced to my music videos) but it still wouldnt work?

What am I doing wrong as nothing is working for me??

3) I don't know if I can actually do this one. But I like the "showcase" view setting, but right now if I click on Movies, it goes to a showcase view of all my movies, which looks great. However is it possible to set it up so that when I click "Movies" it goes to a showcase view of the different genes? With the different genes having a picture of a random movie reflecting that gene?

Like this for example:

Home screen > Movies > Shows all genes in showcase view > Action > Shows all Action movies in showcase view

Is something like this possible? I'm sure I'm not the first to come up with this idea as it seems like many would like something like this?

Anyway that's all for now. Your skin is awesome, I'm just new and confused haha.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Hi? Is there any help on this?

Thanks in advance
(2012-05-17, 22:59)Stildawn Wrote: Hi,

I am completely new to the whole HTPC side of computing, last night I installed XBMC and downloaded the Aeon skin. I am liking the skin a lot thanks for all your awesome work.

I just have a few questions which are frustrating the hell out of me cause I have no idea what I am doing:

1) I have set up a source for my music in Aeon. The problem is that I dont get the cool looking view that I see around here on the forum with all the skins.

Its there but no fan art or album art or any info comes up. I'm trying to get it to look similar to this:

Image (Just a random image I found on the net)

But all I get is ugly boxes with names, no pictures nothing.

I thought XBMC scan's all this information from the net right? Like it does with Movies, TV shows etc?

If I'm wrong is there some program that I can use to do this for me? I have like 10,000 mp3 so its an epic mission?

Try downloading & installing for the XBMC repo the add-on 'cdArt manager'. This should help you to achieve your epic mission Smile

Hope it helps Wink
Kodi 19 + Arctic: Zephyr Reloaded
nVidia SHIELD 2017 + WD My Book
LG OLED65B8PLA + LG SP11RA 7.1.4
Hi thanks for the info

I used Musicbrainz Picard and spent literally the whole day running through all my music. I used the clear and rewrite data options, so now all my music has been correctly tagged by Musicbrainz.

I have downloaded and installed/enabled CDart Manager,

But well maybe I'm doing something wrong, but only about a third of my music collection is coming up with album art, fanart etc?

I have tried googling for a CDart Manager tutorial but I haven't found one.

What I did was I went into CDart Manager and then I clicked on "Automatic Download" on CDarts, Cover Arts and Fan Arts which took a long time each.

But nothing that I can tell has changed, still only about a third of my albums have any art, or fan art etc?

What am I doing wrong? How can I fix this?

Thanks
Did you already check this thread? http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=77031
Kodi 19 + Arctic: Zephyr Reloaded
nVidia SHIELD 2017 + WD My Book
LG OLED65B8PLA + LG SP11RA 7.1.4
Yeah I did, they were a great help I'm on my way to getting that side sorted.

I still have some questions and what not though, its really hard to search for info on these forums lol.

Mainly with Aeon:

1) On the homescreen. Is there away to change where Music goes to when clicked. At present when I click on Music it goes to a screen where the options are "Gene" "Artist" Albums" etc. Is there a way to change it so that when Music is clicked on the homescreen it goes straight into "Artists" as default?

2) I still can't manage to get smart playlists to be their own menus in the homescreen, I have activated Vplaylists for example in Skin settings and then assign a smart playlist to it in Skin Settings. It will then show up on the Homescreen but when you click on it, it doesnt load up the smart playlist it justs the grey screen saying that I need to set a source.

3) The backgrounds on the homescreen, how do I change these, they look great at present, just I would prefer fanart of stuff I actually like (haha not a big fan of superman lol). Is there away to change these? Or even better is there a way for the skin to just use random Fanart from my collection, which changes randomly sometimes?

Thanks in advance for any help, it is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
cdArt manager gets all it's fanart from http://fanart.tv which is a community site, so your best bet is to check there and see if what you think cdArt manager isn't finding actually exists Smile
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
(2012-05-28, 23:18)Kode Wrote: cdArt manager gets all it's fanart from http://fanart.tv which is a community site, so your best bet is to check there and see if what you think cdArt manager isn't finding actually exists Smile

Yeah the guys in the CDart Manager thread helped me a lot and told me all that, the only music that isnt showing fanart etc now is my weird stuff haha like Paco De Lucia haha. I fully intend to do these myself and upload them to fanart.tv to support the site.

Its the stuff I listed above which is troubling me now. My new HTPC is so close to being set up I can almost feel it haha.
ahh, I was just nosying around todays posts, I wouldn't be much help with the other stuff as I personally use Aeon Nox, not the classic version. Having said that, usually backgrounds can be set in System/Skin
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
Haha cheers, I'll check that area in the setting out, there's just so much stuff in XBMC that I get a bit lost sometimes haha.
Any ideas on these:

1) On the homescreen. Is there away to change where Music goes to when clicked. At present when I click on Music it goes to a screen where the options are "Gene" "Artist" Albums" etc. Is there a way to change it so that when Music is clicked on the homescreen it goes straight into "Artists" as default?

2) I still can't manage to get smart playlists to be their own menus in the homescreen, I have activated Vplaylists for example in Skin settings and then assign a smart playlist to it in Skin Settings. It will then show up on the Homescreen but when you click on it, it doesnt load up the smart playlist it justs the grey screen saying that I need to set a source.

Thanks in advance

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A few Questions0