Use local trailer instead of YouTube?
Apologies if I've overlooked the setting somewhere, but is there a way to get Metro to "see" my local movie trailers? Other skins I've used would look for a movietitle-trailer file in the movie folder before trying to pull something from YouTube. In Metro, every time I click the trailer button I get an error because I don't have a YouTube plugin enabled. Not a major or pressing issue, but an annoyance to not be able to enjoy my carefully collected and curated trailers Smile
I finally got around to looking at this, and I cannot replicate your issue. If I click the Trailer button in the VideoInfo dialog, it plays my local trailer (named movie-trailer.mkv).

You do have to refresh the movie info if you added the trailer after you scanned the movie into XBMC. But otherwise it appears to work for me.
Other skins I've used would look for a movietitle-trailer file in the movie folder before trying to pull something from YouTube.

Are you talking about selecting - Trailer, from a titles - Movie Information?

YouTube add-on, claims to have a - Download location. It does not download the trailer to your selected file. Why not?

Trailers can be added to the movie folder. However when you go to the - Movie Information, it will still have the option - Trailer, to be streamed from Youtube.
(2012-09-13, 16:34)ChaserX Wrote: Other skins I've used would look for a movietitle-trailer file in the movie folder before trying to pull something from YouTube.

Are you talking about selecting - Trailer, from a titles - Movie Information?

YouTube add-on, claims to have a - Download location. It does not download the trailer to your selected file. Why not?

Trailers can be added to the movie folder. However when you go to the - Movie Information, it will still have the option - Trailer, to be streamed from Youtube.

I'm not sure I followed completely what you were saying here.

I am referring to selecting trailer from the Movie information screen. The Youtube plugin launches but doesn't successfully connect (separate issue that I'm not worried about). I can refresh individual movies and restart XBMC until my eyes bleed, but nothing seems to make the trailer button play my local trailers like it used to.

I have recently built a new HTPC and moved my movie collection over (fresh XBMC install). I started out with this skin but tried out some others and continued to have the same issue. It occurred to me that I first tried this skin after upgrading to Eden and that I haven't been able to successfully access a local trailer on either computer since the Eden update. If some people are able to get it to work, but both of my computers fail, it makes me think I'm missing a setting somewhere. I don't use any 3rd party metadata managers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Use local trailer instead of YouTube?0