Firefly episode order?
Sooo... I recently added the tv serie Firefly to my collection and I am a bit confused about the order of the episodes. The files were labeled like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Firefly_episodes, however according to TVDB it's supposed to be in this order: http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=...5791&lid=8

Anyway I didn't see this until I started watching the first episode (Serenity) according to the labeling of the files and now I am really confused. I did some research and what I figured out was: Serenity seems to be Summer Glau's first episode in the series judging from the story in the episode and according to IMDB she is in all 14 episodes so I figured that must be the first episode, right?

The confusion just grows. Please help me. In what order am I supposed to watch them? Also, please don't spoil anything.
If you got the DVDs, watch them in the order on the DVDs. That is the correct order according to Joss Whedon, the writer. FOX aired them out of order. TVDB has both the TV order and the DVD order. You can set XBMC to use the DVD order and label the episodes accordingly if you want.
You should use the "DVD order" from TVDB, the aired order was a mess thanks to Fox.
How would I do that exactly? Smile Found the DVD-order on TVDB, but how do I choose to order it like that in XBMC?

Off topic, but after one episode (a double episode, but still) I'm already angry that they just aired one season.
It's a scraper setting. Easiest is to:
1) navigate to your TV folder in file mode (not library)
2) press 'c' on the Firefly folder
3) "Change content"
4) "Settings"
5) Check "Use DVD order"
Thanks. Smile
I had the same problem last week! Only very recently got my hands on Firefly and was also confused which order to watch in but found out in the end. I'm half way through now and I sort of don't want to watch the rest as I know it was cancelled and it's a bloody good show! Got the movie to watch afterwards aswell Smile
(2012-05-18, 10:37)norms Wrote: I had the same problem last week! Only very recently got my hands on Firefly and was also confused which order to watch in but found out in the end. I'm half way through now and I sort of don't want to watch the rest as I know it was cancelled and it's a bloody good show! Got the movie to watch afterwards aswell Smile
Yeah, like I said, only watched first episode, but it seems so freakin' awesome that I'm just mad they cancelled it.
(2012-05-18, 03:53)sialivi Wrote: It's a scraper setting. Easiest is to:
1) navigate to your TV folder in file mode (not library)
2) press 'c' on the Firefly folder
3) "Change content"
4) "Settings"
5) Check "Use DVD order"

Sorry to rehash an old thread but does this change the scraper setting for just the one folder or for all?

Thanks.
It changes the scraper setting for the specific folder, and its subfolders (if any). For the Firefly example, it would only use DVD order for Firefly, the other shows would not be affected.
CSA,
That's great news. Thanks.
Have a related question on Firefly episodes. I used DVD order and everything was fine. The movie "Serenity" which is a special also showed up in the correct position in Season 1, i.e. immediately after episode 14. This movie is listed as episode 1 under Specials in TVDB. I have it named as "Firefly - s00e01.avi" under Season 0 folder.

Anyway like I said it was all perfect but I had an unrelated problem and had to rescan everything. After rebuild the episodes are in DVD order but the Serenity movie is not listed at all. My directory structure and file naming is exactly the same as before. All specials for other TV shows show up exactly as on TVDB. Not sure why the scraper is no longer picking up the Serenity special. Any thoughts anyone?
Problem solved. Was too quick in posting. When I set Use DVD order in change content settings for this TV show I inadvertently set "Selected folder contains a single TV show". I disabled that and all fine.
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm having problems here even after doing everything in the thread. I've tried changing my folder content to Absolute Ordering, DVD Ordering, I've tried disabling the "folder contains a single show" (which it does). I've tried all those and running update library & scan for new content... nothing seems to be working. The files are hosted on a network computer and the file names are correct as to which episodes they should be. I've even tried using different scrapers, but nothing is working.

Any tips or hints would be greatly appreciated.
You could try using my NFOs and images if you like. Obviously you'll need to rename them to follow your naming convention.

EDIT: Sorry, first one was messed up, try again.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1974...irefly.rar

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Firefly episode order?0