[APPLETV] Auto Reset AppleTV script
Hi All,

Wanted to give a little back to you all.

I've put together a simple vbs script to kill the AppleTV process when / if you get a hang.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9HFKN7UU
EDIT *** FIXED CONTENTS OF RAR - WRONG VARIABLE NAME USED *** SORRY!

It's just a simple vbs that invokes putty.exe, connects, issues the command and exits again.

open the .vbs file and change your password and IP and you're away.

Hope someone finds this useful.

Edit: Obviously this is for windows based users.
danmedhurst Wrote:Hi All,

Wanted to give a little back to you all.

I've put together a simple vbs script to kill the AppleTV process when / if you get a hang.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9HFKN7UU
EDIT *** FIXED CONTENTS OF RAR - WRONG VARIABLE NAME USED *** SORRY!

It's just a simple vbs that invokes putty.exe, connects, issues the command and exits again.

open the .vbs file and change your password and IP and you're away.

Hope someone finds this useful.

Edit: Obviously this is for windows based users.

Nice. Thanks ! Would be great to have something like this on my android Smile
Arctic MC001 + Openelec
It should be simple enough to script an ssh client to do the same for Android.. I'll give it a go on my phone.
Nice work. Thanks.
Fantastic, worked a treat Wink

Second the Android idea, would be handy if you can do it!
Why don't you guys just have a shell script running in the background on Apple TV 2 and have it capture certain keypress from apple remote that trigger reset of Apple TV 2 ?

irw ?
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
That would be good if we can use a keypress combo, because of the limited buttons on the remote.
DuMbGuM Wrote:That would be good if we can use a keypress combo, because of the limited buttons on the remote.

How about holding down menu+play for 5 seconds ?
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
Yeah something like the jailbreak button combination would work well if that's possible.
Gone a little beyond my expertese there.. I only really put this together because i know putty + vbs from stuff i do at work Smile
Reviving an old thread, but looking for something just like this -- wondering if you can repost it somewhere since MU is dead...

Thanks,
Might not be what you're looking for, but FYI you can do a reset from your remote. There's no need to SSH in and reset that way. To reset using your remote hold menu+down keys for about 5 sec (until the light on the ATV flashes rapidly)
Yea, but my ATV 2 just usually gets hung up and needs a reboot every couple of days, figured a script like this can do it for me so I'm not having to determine it needs it later, while I'm actually wanting to use it.

Though, I have found how to do this from another site, so i appreciate op's idea to put me on the track.
Harmony remote has reset button mapped for apple TV. Not sure about the code/key combination but it always works. This comes really handy if you are using supertv addon which requires reset after every usage.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[APPLETV] Auto Reset AppleTV script0