Live-TV Skin
Hi, the name is 3000,

kudos to everyone out there creating those awesome skins. My favourite two btw: Aeon Nox and Cirrus Extended. Just loving them (and many others) !

I can't imagine TV without XBMC. Therefore I built my own HTPC running Archlinux OS. However I can't help but notice that there seems no work to be done regarding a different LOOK to the Live-TV Feature. [I may be wrong though, haven't tested all skins.]

I know VDR is a complex field of its own and still very much in beta phase, but I want a better looking Live-TV section in XBMC. And I want it now Smile

Therefore I will try to do it myself. Having said that, I have no experience. A bloody beginner (but willing to learn).

So my question basically is: Is there a reason why the appearance of Live-TV NEVER changed? Is it extra hard or did nobody bother since its not number one priority?

Thanks a lot & peace out
Lack of documentation.
Not officially part of XBMC.
Equipment needed to skin it (Windows).
I'd love to do it. But I don't have a TV tuner card to test the development done to the skin.
Thanks for the info.

@Balinus. You don't need a tv tuner, there is a useful dummy, that simulates a tv tuner. So if yo want to do it, yes you can Smile
edit
(2012-05-25, 14:04)3000 Wrote: Thanks for the info.

@Balinus. You don't need a tv tuner, there is a useful dummy, that simulates a tv tuner. So if yo want to do it, yes you can Smile

Sadly only for Linux. Sad
ok, I didn't realize ...

I will try to do it myself. Will let you know if I got something to show off Wink
oh. Can you point a link to the dummy tv tuner? I do my development on Linux, so that would work.

Hitcher, you could use a virtual desktop and do development under Linux. A lot of nice text editor (I use "Kate").
Should be quite straight forward:

Quote:just enable the pvrmanager, enable the dummy add-on, and you're done. no need to install any backend.

from: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1048280

*never tried it myself though since I've got a tv card here
(2012-05-25, 16:45)Balinus Wrote: oh. Can you point a link to the dummy tv tuner? I do my development on Linux, so that would work.

Hitcher, you could use a virtual desktop and do development under Linux. A lot of nice text editor (I use "Kate").

I've got a tuner now but coding for PVR is a pain in the ass. Wink
Humm... looks complicated a little bit.

I'll try it later on though as I plan to add a Tuner card in the next year on my HTPC.
(2012-05-25, 17:26)Hitcher Wrote: I've got a tuner now but coding for PVR is a pain in the ass. Wink

hehehe tks for the heads up. Smile

Just mod Confluence PVR screens.

There are info in PVR thread on how to enable dummy add-on on linux. I'm on OS X so can not help here.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Great, thanks pecinko!

Good idea about Confluence PVR screens.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live-TV Skin0