[REQUEST] Alternativ TV scraper to thetvdb.com, please.
(2012-10-10, 19:16)gbandit Wrote: Here's a couple alternative TV scrapers I whipped up a couple months ago:

TVRage.com: https://github.com/thebandit/xbmc_tvrage.../downloads

TheXEM.de (maps scene ep numbers to their tvdb counterparts): https://github.com/thebandit/xbmc_thexem.../downloads

This is awsome Smile...I know what XEM is already (use sickbeard anime ver + submitted a few shows) but having a scraper to use it will be great. I will have to give your TVrage scraper a go also. Do they (XEM and/or tvrage) scrape artwork also?

@takoi

yeah i saw it after i had finished posting, might give it a go also Smile

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
(2012-10-10, 17:55)akuiraz Wrote: it looks like using trakt.tv's API, we may be able to create a scraper (or possibly using the universal scraper as a template)... trakt.tv offers the api switch 'showsummary' and with the extended parameter included, it shows us tvdb id, tvrage id and imdb id... hopefully this info will help someone who knows what they are doing and could possibly make this all happen.

This would be awsome

(2012-10-10, 20:06)saitoh183 Wrote: This is awsome Smile...I know what XEM is already (use sickbeard anime ver + submitted a few shows) but having a scraper to use it will be great. I will have to give your TVrage scraper a go also. Do they (XEM and/or tvrage) scrape artwork also?

@takoi

The XEM scraper will give the exact same info/artwork as the default tvdb scraper, except obviously the numbering will be from Xem.

The tvrage scraper has an option to do the show lookup at trakt. If this is enabled you will get the series info/artwork from thetvdb and the episode info from tvrage (assuming the trakt entry for the show has the correct tvrage/thetvdb id's assigned). Episode info from tvrage does not have summaries or ep images but you'll at least get the ep in your library.
Wow that XEM site is actually a great idea. How come nobody mentioned this before now?! Now get it into the addon repo gbandit!
Heh search the forums it has been mentioned (although somewhat sparingly). I even created a thread for the XEM scraper when I released it originally: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=136169

Waiting for Frodo to get a bit more stable before continuing work on them as there were some recent changes that will make these scrapers work a bit better.
(2012-10-10, 21:05)gbandit Wrote:
(2012-10-10, 20:06)saitoh183 Wrote: This is awsome Smile...I know what XEM is already (use sickbeard anime ver + submitted a few shows) but having a scraper to use it will be great. I will have to give your TVrage scraper a go also. Do they (XEM and/or tvrage) scrape artwork also?

@takoi

The XEM scraper will give the exact same info/artwork as the default tvdb scraper, except obviously the numbering will be from Xem.

The tvrage scraper has an option to do the show lookup at trakt. If this is enabled you will get the series info/artwork from thetvdb and the episode info from tvrage (assuming the trakt entry for the show has the correct tvrage/thetvdb id's assigned). Episode info from tvrage does not have summaries or ep images but you'll at least get the ep in your library.

Wow.. thanks for the reply. Numbering is the most important since summary doesnt change even if its from TVDB. As for eps info, you couldnt pull it ffrom Trakt?(just a question not a complaint Tongue )
(2012-10-10, 22:45)takoi Wrote: Wow that XEM site is actually a great idea. How come nobody mentioned this before now?! Now get it into the addon repo gbandit!

I think because XEM was born when people wanted a better numbering system in sickbeard for anime. The author decided to create XEM to help sickbeard (anime version) work better with anime. Now its also used for TV shows that suffer the same problem like American Dad (horrific on TVDB). you can find out more about it here

(2012-10-10, 23:18)saitoh183 Wrote: Wow.. thanks for the reply. Numbering is the most important since summary doesnt change even if its from TVDB. As for eps info, you couldnt pull it ffrom Trakt?(just a question not a complaint Tongue )

No thats not possible since there's no way to match up the different episode numbers across the various metadata sites. The XEM does have a tvrage connection but that functionality is not yet available via their api. If/when it does become available it will be possible to use tvrage numbering with the episode metadata from thetvdb.
when changing scraper ,it asked to rescan..i said no...will it use the scraper for future content or do i have to rescan my entire library by hitting yes after changing scraper.

auto update last night:

Code:
22:01:49 T:4484   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No NFO file found. Using title search for 'T:\TV\The Vampire Diaries\Season 4\The Vampire Diaries - 4x01 - Growing Pains.mp4'
22:01:49 T:4484   DEBUG: ADDON::CScraper::GetEpisodeList: Searching 'http://www.thetvdb.com/api/1D62F2F90030C444/series/95491/all/en.zip' using The TVDB scraper (file: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\metadata.tvdb.com', content: 'tvshows', version: '1.2.4')
22:01:49 T:4484   DEBUG: FileCurl::Open(0B0DED8C) http://www.thetvdb.com/api/1D62F2F90030C444/series/95491/all/en.zip
22:01:49 T:4484    INFO: XCURL::DllLibCurlGlobal::easy_aquire - Created session to http://www.thetvdb.com

its still using thetvdb and my scraper is set to epguides.com

You have to hit yes after changing the scraper to update the info in the db. The actual recommended method it to set it to None first and then change the scraper: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...he_library
(2012-10-12, 16:42)gbandit Wrote: You have to hit yes after changing the scraper to update the info in the db. The actual recommended method it to set it to None first and then change the scraper: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...he_library

So i better export my library content (fanart,nfo...etc) to each folder so when the rescan happens, it uses the local stuff before taking it from scraper. (i have lots of fanart i changed manually using artwork downloader)

(2012-10-10, 23:16)gbandit Wrote: Waiting for Frodo to get a bit more stable before continuing work on them as there were some recent changes that will make these scrapers work a bit better.

Like what?
it was brought to my attention that people were using xem incorrectly, the proxy method was a crude hack 1.5 years ago and really shouldnt be used... as you are translating one direction... and if you translate to what the 'scene' wants.. and then you really shouldnt be expecting to use the tvdb or andib scraper. a correct way is to use xem to translate from an entitiy then to the entiity (scraper) you plan on using. that way you can just use the tvdb scraper. or anidb scraper. etc.
http://tvbrainz.com/
Scraper for thexem.de has been in the repo for a while now btw. It's mostly working great, but the biggest limitations are in the data available from the site. So get crackin people. Xem needs more mapping data!
I'm probably just pounding sand but I agree whole heartedly. My Original post about the miniseries "The Lost Room"
Quote:The miniseries "The Lost Room" has some problems and as usual it's another 'locked' page. The problem is the original poster has the episodes as 1,2,3, which was how it was originally intended to be broadcast but in actuality I watched it as six seperate episodes. My DVD in fact has the episodes split up into six parts and the only way to have the scraper read it correctly is to either misname half the episodes (xbmc will read dupes) or re compress the videos together.
They refuse to edit any of the 'locked' content even if it is clearly wrong. I have tried to be a part of their community and help with mistakes but multiple time was told
Quote:"If it was unlocked you most likely would have made this edit and the entry would be messed up."
I have the DVD for the tv show and the episodes are listed as separate.
He also said
Quote:The Lost Room has been discussed before and we've always been very clear, we list series by how they originally aired. As you noted this one originally aired as 3 episodes and not six so the entry will not be changing.
If you read my above post I clearly stated "intended" but I actually watched it in six as well (Sci-Fi). Also why have separate entries for "Aired, DVD and absolute order" on the website.
They think they are infallible and I'm done. What's the point of a community driven compendium of knowledge, if the community has no say in it.
other issues "The Angry VideoGame Nerd" (Missing and misnamed), Mortal Kombat series (Missnamed and bad episode info)...all fine by them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Alternativ TV scraper to thetvdb.com, please.1