• 8(current)
Series shows up in "Files" but not in "TV Shows"
I will use your method when i will be back

Sent from my A0001
I tried looking into your log (which is a bit difficult as it just creates really long lines of text without any structure, so please if you have time try to post a pastbin as well) and I saw the following ERROR:

ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://PP/series%20720p'

followed by connection timeout.

I'm not an expert in these things, but I guess there is an issue with path, maybe authorisation

Also, Kodi is really strict in setting up the TVSHOWS and I'm wondering if the way you set it up is correct.
I have Video ->TVSHOWS -> TVSHOW 1
TVSHOW 2
ETC

I have Video ->MOVIES -> MOVIE 1
MOVIE 2
ETC
is this right?

http://pastebin.com/hu5Y1Vw9

tommorow i will post kodi.old and new log (when i restart computer and movies works and there is no tv shows)
if someone has idea why kodi stop working ( connection timed out ) let me know Smile
Yes, that's a good log.

There are a lot of SMB timeout errors, eg lines 470 & 486:

Code:
12:06:42 T:18446744072031107984    INFO: SMBFile->Open: Unable to open file : 'smb://PP/HD%20movies/Man.Up.2015.720p.BluRay.x264-DRONES/Man.Up.2015.720p.BluRay.x264-DRONES.mkv'
                                            unix_err:'6e' error : 'Connection timed out'

12:07:03 T:18446744072362290064   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(smb://PP/series720/) failed

That's where it start looking at.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-08-19, 19:10)DarrenHill Wrote: Yes, that's a good log.

There are a lot of SMB timeout errors, eg lines 470 & 486:

Code:
12:06:42 T:18446744072031107984    INFO: SMBFile->Open: Unable to open file : 'smb://PP/HD%20movies/Man.Up.2015.720p.BluRay.x264-DRONES/Man.Up.2015.720p.BluRay.x264-DRONES.mkv'
                                            unix_err:'6e' error : 'Connection timed out'

12:07:03 T:18446744072362290064   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(smb://PP/series720/) failed

That's where it start looking at.

its like chinese for meSmile .. Smile) cant do anything without your help :p
Are you getting your files from a PC (named PP) or is it a server?

Basically Kodi can't access those files, so either something is wrong on your network or the wrong username and password may have been set up in Kodi (it needs to be valid login credentials for the PP machine).

Who/how was this set up originally? It's a bit difficult to talk you through it via the forum. There are some details on the wiki (SMB (wiki)) which may help though.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
1. this is the ios forum - would better fit in the android forum i guess
2. instead of using "PP" for the server name try to use the ip of the server...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I have everything the same as before( kodi worked fine but tv shows didnt) noe kodi isnt working.. Pp is name of my computer - dont have password ( turned off) as i said when i restart computer kodi works..

Sent from my A0001
hi!

ok i hope this is the right log

first i did play a movie(from files) then i played movie from "movies ( and recently added -> just to test ) then i updated library... then i wanted to update libraryfor for series ( nothing ) and tv shoes are still empty

http://pastebin.com/REu2LU9e

and i think kodi doesnt timed out anymore.. i will have to check it later .. but for now it seems ok ( i unplaged tv from electricty :p )
any new idea?Smile is log right one?
.mkv files are not supported by iTunes and its related devices. They have to be converted to .mp4 or .m4v
Did I read the wiki and this thread correctly that we have to rename the files with episode info? Even if the files are iso images of DVD's? I can't just have "Voyager - Season 5 - Disc 1.iso"? I'll need to rename them as "Voyager.S5e1-4.iso"? Even if I set the TVDB scraper to DVD order?
Yes, you have to rename them, and it would look something like this:

Voyager.S05E01E02E03E04.iso

or

Voyager.S05E01_02_03_04.iso
I have never really had this issue before with anything. I am now having it with the new show "The Mist". Sonar creates NFO's and metadata, which I looked though meticulously and it all matches up. I even tried deleting the NFO's and all other files except the video file and still nada. My directory structure is correct as the other 242 shows I have all scrape just fine.

Directory structure is as follows:

/media/tv/The Mist/The.Mist.S01E01.Pilot.mkv

I do not have hide watched ticked (also I haven't watched it). Anyone got any ideas? Also, Plex scrapes this just fine which is why I find it so odd...
Have you tried the contextual menu "scan for new content" on the file folder in the files section ?

That sometimes works for me. I had your problem for the longest time, drove me crazy...

This is the format I have on the show that was giving the most trouble

TV Shows/The Show Name/Season 04/The Show Name S04E01 - The Episode Title.mkv

Good luck.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Series shows up in "Files" but not in "TV Shows"0