Sound setting profiles
(This being separate from user profiles.)

Ok so scenario first, this is my setup: Logitech z906, toslink. headphones into back of the pc, analogue. Digital in 5.1 mode, analogue in 2.0.

I don't use headphones in the z906 as when something is paused after a couple of seconds it thinks there is no signal and kind of severs the link and re engages it at play. This causes a blop sound that if coming from the headphones might hurt/damage my ears. Plus there's no point in wasting a high power system like that just for headphones.

So to go from speakers to headphones I have to change the setting from digital to analogue, change the setting from 5.1 to 2.0 then change from direct sound to analogue sound. This is three things to change.

Now I think once before I suggested a headphones mode. But hows about audio profiles? set up the audio settings and have a save as button, then dialogue for naming that setting. So for me I would have one profile called headphones, and one called speakers.

Now I'm sure I am not the only one out there that would benefit from such an option.

Also be nice if the audio profiles could be set as favorites so those skins with support for it they could be placed in custom sub menus under the system part of the main menu.

I don't think this could be scripted with an addon, but I could be wrong. (I have no idea how to code software, or python etc)
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
+1 would love this too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound setting profiles0