• 9(current)
WIP Avalon
Photo 
My small Avalon MOD...

(2012-06-25, 16:31)reazorFX Wrote:
(2012-06-25, 12:16)Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote: I came across this skin the other day and I must say that I am very impressed, but I do have a question. Is the only view available at the moment a poster view, or am I missing something. The only thing holding me back at the moment is the lack of a banner icon view for my tv shows...I know I should probably make the switch to covers, just have alot of custom shows and am not looking forward to making the posters. Sorry for the rant....but truly great skin elegant simple and easy to read and navigate all key components in my book.

Banners are probably very popular Wink i will include a banner view.

(2012-06-25, 12:41)pettson3816 Wrote:
(2012-06-25, 11:06)reazorFX Wrote: Boy oh boy! Shocked

Avalon has real potential! In the Media Portal forum, I've discovered a mod site.

The user cul8er has created the MOD Avallonis:
A home with a horizontal menu, Fanart view (note the passage of fanart to the background) and a new color concept.

some of them could be implemented, the fanart mod I really appreciate, at the horizontal menu I'm not quite sure whether the navigation ...

i really love the horizontal main menu. Hope it makes it into your skin!

I quite agree. I will add it!

The fan art banner view in metropolis is probably the banner view I like the most, though you might have to tweak it a bit, but in my head I can see it fitting in quite nicely.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
(2012-06-25, 11:06)reazorFX Wrote: Boy oh boy! Shocked

Avalon has real potential! In the Media Portal forum, I've discovered a mod site.

The user cul8er has created the MOD Avallonis:
A home with a horizontal menu, Fanart view (note the passage of fanart to the background) and a new color concept.

some of them could be implemented, the fanart mod I really appreciate, at the horizontal menu I'm not quite sure whether the navigation is so simple

i'm likin the mods Nod the alternate color and horizontal menu (as an option) look quite nice are are great ideas. the "Lastest episodes" widget looks good too (didn't see u put that on ur 'To-Do' list).

(2012-06-25, 18:06)HDV2 Wrote: My small Avalon MOD...

great mod! i like the idea of having on option for dvd/bluray cases in the list view. i like the inclusion of studio icons in the bottom left too. only thing is that with the bottom info being expanded, there won't be any room for the "Now Playing" video window, which is yet to be added.
(2012-06-25, 18:06)HDV2 Wrote: My small Avalon MOD...

interesting ideas! i like the star rating on this position. maybe I could make "Rating: xxxxx 8.1"? Shinu has right, the long version of the info is not bad but there is no space for the Now-Playing. Covers were also a nice detail.

(2012-06-25, 20:17)Shinu Wrote: 'm likin the mods Nod the alternate color and horizontal menu (as an option) look quite nice are are great ideas. the "Lastest episodes" widget looks good too (didn't see u put that on ur 'To-Do' list).

check Big Grin

and now for something completely different.

-1-
at the Movies "RecentlyAdded-Movies" will be shown in the TV-Shows "RecentlyAdded TV-shows" and Music "latest albums".
what should display in the other menu point? somebody come up with an idea?

-2-
further, I would like a 10 star rating install what do you think?
(2012-06-25, 18:47)Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:
(2012-06-25, 16:31)reazorFX Wrote:
(2012-06-25, 12:16)Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote: I came across this skin the other day and I must say that I am very impressed, but I do have a question. Is the only view available at the moment a poster view, or am I missing something. The only thing holding me back at the moment is the lack of a banner icon view for my tv shows...I know I should probably make the switch to covers, just have alot of custom shows and am not looking forward to making the posters. Sorry for the rant....but truly great skin elegant simple and easy to read and navigate all key components in my book.

Banners are probably very popular Wink i will include a banner view.

(2012-06-25, 12:41)pettson3816 Wrote: i really love the horizontal main menu. Hope it makes it into your skin!

I quite agree. I will add it!

The fan art banner view in metropolis is probably the banner view I like the most, though you might have to tweak it a bit, but in my head I can see it fitting in quite nicely.

thx I've just seen. I can imagine! check Nod
The horizontal menu looks great.
Are you planning on adding support for currently watching tv shows (opposed to latest)?

Great to see all the new stuff being developed Smile!
(2012-06-26, 19:34)reazorFX Wrote: and now for something completely different.

-1-
at the Movies "RecentlyAdded-Movies" will be shown in the TV-Shows "RecentlyAdded TV-shows" and Music "latest albums".

-2-

1. u can maybe have an option to show either random/latest/user defined addons for the videos-addons and pictures, and latest favs for the favourites section....

2. 10 star ratings would look good but only for tv series IMO. personally i think a 5 star rating system is fine for movies.
(2012-06-28, 22:44)Shinu Wrote:
(2012-06-26, 19:34)reazorFX Wrote: and now for something completely different.

-1-

-2-

1. u can maybe have an option to show either random/latest/user defined addons for the videos-addons and pictures, and latest favs for the favourites section....

2. 10 star ratings would look good but only for tv series IMO. personally i think a 5 star rating system is fine for movies.

Yeah man! Why not random.Big Grin
I will personalize Avalon more: Tongue

I am currently working on the home menu. I would like to introduce icons. That at the left window can also show random fanart.
The RecentlyAdded-Menu is selected with click on right. Is also marked with "NEWS".
Maybe could use a time-delay and let it show automatically.
Just I have test phase on my Home-XBMC.

Here are a few pics

The changes can of course be made in the skin menu setting

Greetz reazorFX
a thought on the home menu main screen, from the screen shots it seems you've got some room to play, would it be possible to either move, or have the option to move the weather current conditions and and time down there (or possibly just one or the other) down there and make it larger?
(2012-07-01, 15:14)Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote: a thought on the home menu main screen, from the screen shots it seems you've got some room to play, would it be possible to either move, or have the option to move the weather current conditions and and time down there (or possibly just one or the other) down there and make it larger?

Can you make a graphic? I'm not quite sure what you mean.
(2012-07-01, 13:37)reazorFX Wrote: The RecentlyAdded-Menu is selected with click on right. Is also marked with "NEWS".

Never seen word news used in this context, doesn't really fit or maybe you meant to write new? Whatever the reason I like where you are going with this skin, looks better with every update.
(2012-07-01, 20:37)Japaja Wrote:
(2012-07-01, 13:37)reazorFX Wrote: The RecentlyAdded-Menu is selected with click on right. Is also marked with "NEWS".

Never seen word news used in this context, doesn't really fit or maybe you meant to write new? Whatever the reason I like where you are going with this skin, looks better with every update.

ups Big Grin german to english... i mean NEW ! thx
Here is what I had in mind for the home screen, I suppose you could pull it to other pages as well.
(2012-07-02, 20:20)Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote: Here is what I had in mind for the home screen, I suppose you could pull it to other pages as well.

i think he's trying to keep the original style of Avalon for Mediaportal. plus, that extra space is designated for the "now playing" window, so i dunno what he might do.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Avalon20