ASUS IR Receiver + Logitech Harmony?
Hey guys, I'm trying to determine if I can use an asus at3iont-i IR receiver I had laying around with my Logitech Harmony 890 remote to control XBMC.

I just had the harmony learn the buttons from my crappy ASUS remote for play/pause/ff/rw etc... and it works but I'd like to be able to program in the other more advanced buttons. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
I found this Wiki article which describes how to get my ASUS IR receiver to work on a Ubuntu build. Has anyone been able to get the ASUS IR receiver to work with Windows 7 + XMBC?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...te_Control
I have not...but if you can get it to work on ubuntu ill give you a 99.9% chance that your windows 7 is pre-installed with all the drivers you need for plug and play...if you are having a problem, go to your device manager (control panel > administrative tools > computer management > device manager) or Run "compmgmt.msc" find your IR receiver and search the web for drivers, it should find one on its own, and if not go to the manufacture website...they will have a windows driver available, I guarantee it.
I'm pulling my hair out. The IR Receiver just shows up in Device Manager as "HID-compliant consumer control device". Searching for updates says I have the latest driver.

In the harmony software, I've tried emulating both MCE Remote and MCE Keyboard, then pointing the remote at the IR receiver with ShowKey.exe open. ShowKey shows nothing when I hit buttons however a program called "Creative USB Remote Tester" shows something like "MCE : string = '00 80 0F 84 1E';" which changes every time I hit a key, so it seems the receiver is picking "something" up from the remote, I just can't get XBMC to play nice.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ASUS IR Receiver + Logitech Harmony?0