[REQUEST] ListItem.TVShowThumb & ListItem.SeasonThumb
This has been discussed before in the past (see quotes below) and I've just come across the need for it myself in the video info dialog when searching the actors list.

This is what I'm using as a way around it (the third value based on whether the search result has the string 'Episode' in it) but this of course relies on users having a folder.jpg image in their tv show folder.

PHP Code:
<variable name="Video_Info_Image">
    <
value condition="Container.Content(episodes) + !IsEmpty(Container.SeasonThumb)">$INFO[Container.SeasonThumb]</value>
    <
value condition="Container.Content(episodes) + !IsEmpty(Container.TvshowThumb)">$INFO[Container.TvshowThumb]</value>
    <
value condition="SubString(ListItem.Label,$LOCALIZE[20359]">$INFO[ListItem.Path]folder.jpg</value>
    <
value>$INFO[ListItem.Thumb]</value>
</
variable

I did wonder whether it could be achieved by a script using ListItem.TVShowTitle to retrieve it from the thumbnails but I can't code scripts. Sad

Thanks.

(2009-10-07, 23:55)Jezz_X Wrote: Its because the container has many tvshow thumbs since its recently added and has many shows your confusing it with somthing like ListItem.TVShowThumb (which doesn't exsist btw so don't try it)

(2008-06-26, 04:48)jmarshall Wrote: IMO the tvshowthumb should be a property of the item in addition to being a property of the container (it's a property of the container for the simple reason that the container is an item). The same applies to fanart et. al.
Is this for the returned results from an actor search? Screenshot perhaps?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I made a mistake earlier - 'TV Show' results are fine it's 'Episode' ones that I need the show or season thumb for.

Movie info -

Select actor -

Episode actor starred in using ListItem.Thumb results in a stretched episode thumb -

Episode actor starred in using $INFO[ListItem.Path]folder.jpg showing how ListItem.TVShowThumb would work -

Thanks.

EDIT: Another use would be for Recently Added Episodes.
So all you need is for DialogVideoInfo to have the tvshow thumb available for episodes?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Yes please, is it much work?

Thanks.
Ok - I've done up a patch here, completely untested, that adds Container.TVShowThumb to episodes:

https://github.com/jmarshallnz/xbmc/tree..._videoinfo

Just the top commit is needed in case you're building yourself. Otherwise, I'll fire up billy.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Billy please, and thanks.Big Grin
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/win3...eoinfo.exe

Cheers,
Jonathan

Unfortunately it fell back to the ListItem.Thumb. I wonder if it's because we're still in a movie container having started DialogVideoInfo there?

Debug log

If you change line 634 in Confluence's DialogVideoInfo.xml to <texture background="true">$INFO[Container.TvshowThumb]</texture> you can test yourself by finding an actor in a film and then selecting an episode that they've been in in.

Thanks.

EDIT: Just to clarify things - Container.TvshowThumb already works if you load DialogVideoInfo while at episode level the problem only occurs if you load it while at movie level.
Hmm, so let me get this right:

1. Container.TvShowThumb worked before this patch, or only with it?
2. Container.TvShowThumb only works if you enter on an episode directly?
3. Container.TvShowThumb doesn't work if you enter a movie and then choose an actor that's also in an episode, and pick the episode.

Cheers
Jonathan

1. It worked for 2 not 3 before and after this patch.
2. Correct, it works.
3. Correct, it doesn't work.

I'm guessing it's because we're still in a container that has movies and not episodes.

ListItem.TVShowTitle works in this condition (that's how I've managed to change the way the label looks) hence the reason for asking for a ListItem label as opposed to a Container label.

Thanks.
Right. Container.TVShowThumb is working because the list underneath the video info dialog has it set. That's the only reason.

With my changes, listitem.property(tvshowthumb) should be working in the video info dialog.

There seems to be some inconsistency with how this is done (container uses tvshowthumb, listitem in recently added uses showthumb). I can use either. ATM it should be listitem.property(tvshowthumb).

Cheers,
Jonathan

Confirmed ListItem.Property(TVShowThumb) works. Big Grin

Many thanks.
Cheers - will schedule it for the June merge window.

Any chance of the TV Show Thumb being made available to the VideoPlayer info images for use in VideoOSD?

Currently VideoPlayer.Cover returns the episode thumb.

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] ListItem.TVShowThumb & ListItem.SeasonThumb0