Multi-Disc Shows
Hi All,

I have recently ventured into the world of XBMC, I already had a library of 120 DVD's that I have ripped to my HDD (all in VOB/IFO). Included are the UK seasons of Family Guy in the following file system:

E:\Family Guy Season 1\Disc 1
....................................\Disc 2

and so on.

Unfortunately I can't get these to display properly on XBMC as a season with multiple discs, am I doing something wrong (probably!).

Also with all my movies/TV Shows that I will add in the future would I be best ripping them as MKV? Is there a decent format I can rip to that will give me little to no loss of quality, as well as a smaller file size than that of a 4.5GB DVD?

Thanks in advance and sorry for all the questions!
(2012-05-21, 13:46)Jamesla Wrote: Also with all my movies/TV Shows that I will add in the future would I be best ripping them as MKV? Is there a decent format I can rip to that will give me little to no loss of quality, as well as a smaller file size than that of a 4.5GB DVD?

Once ripped, use a program like Handbrake and encode them using H.264 encoder. Use Constant Quality RF20 for DVD (or fiddle with it to suit your needs) There are umpteen guides for encoding DVD's so take a look around some video encoding sites. It all depends on what quality you want and how much time you want to dedicate to it. In the end you should result in a file at the very most half of the DVD size, and depending on your perception of quality or what you are happy with, the files could be much much smaller. Like I said have a good read through some dedicated web-sites.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multi-Disc Shows0