Onclick event to disable (or at least toggle) hide watched
Hi everyone,

I hope I'm not asking something that has been asked before, but I tried searching, and couldn't find what I was looking for.

I've customized my Home.xml menu to add an item for a playlist (as described here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70882). That part works great, but what I'd really like is to have it also automatically disable the hide watched function.
I already have the onclick event described here:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,special://videoplaylists/playlist.xsp,return)</onclick>

I thought I could add something like
<onclick>Skin.Reset(HideWatched)</onclick>
But the problem is, I don't know what the Hide Watched setting is actually called. I also suspect it's not a skin setting, and I don't know the command to clear a non-skin setting.

When I couldn't figure it out, I had hoped to at least add a toggle. That way if my family opens it and everything is hidden, they can just go back to the home menu and re-open it to see everything. So I added this:
<onclick>SendClick(10017,14)</onclick>
I tried it with no window ID, an with several window IDs I thought would be applicable, but to no avail.

Can anyone help me with this?
Hi guys,

I kept working on this, and never found exactly what I was looking for, but I found something even better. I thought I'd post in case someone else was looking for the same thing.
What I really wanted was to click a button and have a random episode (from a list of shows) start playing, and when that's done, play another random episode from a random show.
So step 1 was to create a Smart Playlist. There's lots of info about this, so I won't both repeating it here.
Step 2 was to modify home.xml as described in the link in my first post. Except replace the ActivateWindow onclick event with this:
<onclick>PlayMedia(special://videoplaylists/YourSmartPlaylist.xsp)</onclick>

This way it just loads the playlist into "Now Playing". Since you're not looking at a list, Hide Watched is not applicable, so you can leave it set to whatever you want for the rest of your purposes.

I hope this helps someone, somewhere along the road.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Onclick event to disable (or at least toggle) hide watched0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.