Win Sound quality from HDMI Wasapi output ?
Hi all,

I am running XBMC on my Lenovo Q180 Intel D2700 Atom, AMD 6450GPU

I have all the correct sounds DTS-HD Master, Dolby True HD and so on, My question to people running HDMI in WASAPI for home cinema, Do you feel the sound is thinner sounding ?? lost some bass or sounds just brighter ??

Playing 2 channel music has the same affect of sounding thinner.

Anyone has a few on this ??

Thanks Blush

Anyone Sad
Can't say I've noticed.
I've noticed the opposite - with DS I can hear much-reduced quality or clarity of the signal. I wonder if this is a case of just not being used to the difference - give it a while and a few tests.

About the only other reason I can think of is DS is far more likely to have other codecs/enhancers hooked into it's "pins" which may be colouring your sound more in that mode.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-05-24, 15:26)DDDamian Wrote: I've noticed the opposite - with DS I can hear much-reduced quality or clarity of the signal. I wonder if this is a case of just not being used to the difference - give it a while and a few tests.

About the only other reason I can think of is DS is far more likely to have other codecs/enhancers hooked into it's "pins" which may be colouring your sound more in that mode.

I have not tried Direct Sound only Wasapi, I am more comparing things from my old Xtreamer Mk1
Also I see in your sig you are running wasapi plus Audioengine could you explain what that is and how would I get that to work ??

Hope you don't mind Wink
Not a problem. To install is easy - grab a nightly and install. Note that this can upgrade your databases, so you can run from a seperate folder and use xbmc.exe -p to run in portable mode.

There are several threads on AudioEngine, including a couple I've started for Windows-specific development and support. Have a read through those.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Will read up on this DDDamian thanks Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound quality from HDMI Wasapi output ?0