Add my Game of Thrones S1
I am trying to add my Game of Thrones Season 1 set and am having major problems. Each disc has upwards of 100 files on it. I have no way of knowing which episode is which file. The episode names are nowhere when you watch the show either.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
You can see the duration of each title. (assuming 1 second shows don't exist) you've got a fair bit to work from.

Also if you play the disk using DVD software, when playing an episode find the title menu and it will show what title it is playing - this will correspond to handbrake title (As they are using the same title list)

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
Genious idea, thanks!
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
How do I do this in TMTT? I have an info option which shows the same t hing for every episode.
You can use the preview function in Handbrake to encode a small sample, and then view it with the default player, or if default is not selected, it will play with VLC if you have it installed. Unfortunately, since the shows are not titled in the video itself it will be a bit harder to determine which is which, but generally titles are in chronological order... usually. Just, as pseudo7 said, check the longest duration titles first.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
I've been trying MakeMKV instead of Handbrake and it appears to put them in order but I can't tell for sure and I still have no idea how to. This really applies to ALL blu ray TV shows I try to add.
MakeMKV follows the same rules as Handbrake for the titles, but its default is to skip all titles that are less than 120 seconds. So, you're probably not shown all those 1 second titles which does make it easier to navigate to the titles you do want.
My method right now for doing BD tvshows is to use a combination of AnotherEAC3toGUI, Ripbot264, and mkvmerge. I do this so that I can encode to a smaller size and keep the HD audio tracks. I need to test Handbrake for TrueHD passthru, and if that works fine I'll probably switch to handbrake exclusively. It will save me a couple steps.

EDIT: Yeah, handbrake still doesn't support TrueHD passthru - so for those titles I'll still have to use my current method. But for DTS-HD titles, I'm switching to handbrake.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Just play the dvd in VLC, and use the Navigation menu to see what title is marked as selected for each episode - they'll match up with what you see in Handbrake.

It's also a useful way of figuring out which extras belong to which titles as well, and giving them a sensible name
(2012-05-24, 20:20)krease Wrote: Just play the dvd in VLC, and use the Navigation menu to see what title is marked as selected for each episode - they'll match up with what you see in Handbrake.

It's also a useful way of figuring out which extras belong to which titles as well, and giving them a sensible name

He's ripping BDs not DVDs. BD support in VLC is pretty spotty, at best. I've not had good luck with it.
(2012-05-24, 20:33)thrak76 Wrote:
(2012-05-24, 20:20)krease Wrote: Just play the dvd in VLC, and use the Navigation menu to see what title is marked as selected for each episode - they'll match up with what you see in Handbrake.

He's ripping BDs not DVDs. BD support in VLC is pretty spotty, at best. I've not had good luck with it.

Alright - I didn't catch that (or know VLC wasn't good with BD either). I'd imagine whatever the non-VLC popular player for those on PC would have some menu to indicate title number as well.

In the absolute worst case, there's only a handful that are the right length for an episode - just compare the preview for those with what you see when watching the disc normally, and match like that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add my Game of Thrones S10