TV Naming conventions
I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm having issues getting all my TV series to parse into the Library. i'm sure it has something to do with the naming of the series.

Most of the series are located on a SMB network share, and are named as follows

TVSeriesName\xx\yy - zzzzzzzzzzz.www

xx = season
yy=episode number
zzzzzzzzzz = episode name
www = file extension (mainly avi or vob)

A few are different and in the format

TVSeriesName\xx\SxxEyy - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.www

The first ones do not get found, the latter ones do.

looking through the wiki it looked as if the first format was not looked for as standard, so i added the following lines to c:\Documents And Settings\TVUser\ApplicationDate\XBMC\advancedsettins.xml

<tvshowmatching>
<regexp>[\._]([0-9]+)[\\/]([0-9]+[^\\/]*</regexp>
</tvshowmatching]

Due to the large number of TV shows and the need to be compatible with swisscentre changing the file layout is not practicable.

Interestingly it seems to have found a couple of the first type of file layout episodes, however this was before I put added to the advancedsettings.xml file

Any help would be appreciated - running V10.1

Other than the regexp not being complete (you're missing a closing paranthesis), your best bet is to run and grab a Debug Log while refreshing a show with such episodes.

Note that your current setup will be replacing regexps with the ones you have - you need to check the advancedsettings.xml (wiki) wiki link for how to append regexps.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks Jonathan

The missing > was a transcription error out of the file - and I've now added the append option. The advancedsettings file now looks like this:

<advancedsettings>
<videoextensions>
<add>.html</add>
</videoextensions>
<tvshowmatching action="append">
<regexp>[\._ ]([0-9]+)[\\/]([0-9]+)[^\\/]*</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

I've also run a scan with the log set to debug.

The following are extracts from it:
08:49:51 T:1992 M:1827467264 NOTICE: Loaded advancedsettings.xml from special://profile/advancedsettings.xml
08:49:51 T:1992 M:1827467264 NOTICE: Contents of special://profile/advancedsettings.xml are...
<advancedsettings>
<videoextensions>
<add>.html</add>
</videoextensions>
<tvshowmatching>
<regexp>[\._ ]([0-9]+)[\\/]([0-9]+)[^\\/]*</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>
08:49:51 T:1992 M:1827459072 NOTICE: Getting hardware information now...
08:49:51 T:1992 M:1827459072 NOTICE: Checking resolution 12

Then a bit further down it is full of lines like this:

08:53:26 T:2064 M:1697722368 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Could not enumerate file smb://WINCHESTER/TVSeries/Air Crash Investigation/06/08 - Frozen In Flight.avi
08:53:26 T:2064 M:1697722368 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No (new) information was found in dir smb://WINCHESTER/TVSeries/Air Crash Investigation/
08:53:27 T:2064 M:1682415616 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Could not enumerate file smb://WINCHESTER/TVSeries/Big Bang Theory/01/01 - Pilot.avi
08:53:27 T:2064 M:1682415616 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Could not enumerate file smb://WINCHESTER/TVSeries/Big Bang Theory/01/02 - The Big Bran Hypothesis.avi

Obviously this has something to do with the format of the TV series names/the advanced settings file, however the wiki does not have much info on this at all, it only gives a few examples, and not much info on the actual formatting of them (i.e. what all the symbols actually do/mean

Your regexp is asking for a period, underscore or space before the season number. You don't have this in your file path.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Naming conventions0