• 9(current)
iPad 3 and xbmc?
Thanks Memphiz! I've assumed (incorrectly) that add-ons are automatically separate from one profile to another. Now that I looked at the profile directory structure on my other XBMC installations, there is no Add-On folder in the user profiles. So Add-ons are global. I've posted this in the General thread.

(2012-06-12, 21:52)bodhi Wrote: Thanks Memphiz! I've assumed (incorrectly) that add-ons are automatically separate from one profile to another. Now that I looked at the profile directory structure on my other XBMC installations, there is no Add-On folder in the user profiles. So Add-ons are global. I've posted this in the General thread.

Indeed, though add-on data (settings, such as log-ins for some add-ons, etc) will be unique to each profile (and you can use path subs (wiki) if you want two profiles to share the same add-on data).
(2012-06-11, 22:37)bigbob Wrote: I'm having problems playing some live streams with the latest nightlys on my iPad 3. The video plays in slow motion along with the audio. The same streams play fine with 11.0 eden.

Yep, reported this a few posts back. I'm guessing the devs know about it, and will address when they get time.
Having red eyes from trying to update myself on iPad3 and XBMC and having to buy a (iPad2/iPad3) solution for my daughters to watch video in the car within 10 days, please allow me to ask.
I am a grateful user of XBMC for many years now. I apologize Angel if this is the wrong place, please do let me know if so.

1) With latest jailbreak 5.1.1 and a reasonably stable XBMC build (>=11.0), can I get XBMC playing 720p movies in a nice resolution? It does not have to be the max. yet (I am sure it will come), but will it be watchable?

2) Any chance the iPad3 can play videos that were stored on an external USB HDD or should I always have to copy videos from external USB HDD to the internal memory?

3) Any chance one can watch a movie on an iPad and at the same time use HDMI out to see the movie on an external LCD (I have a 7 inch one in the car).? It seems like it was fixed but I am not sure how to interpret this posting versus this posting. Confused
Quote:Memphiz Wrote:
this thread is more then a year old ... tvout is added in the current nightlys and is working up to 1080p (iphone4s, ipad3 - all others 720p).
Quote:iDevices can playback most videos saved as high as 1080p. Native video output from a composite, component, VGA, or HDMI adapter on an iDevice is not currently supported, so iDevices can't output their capable resolution (via HDMI adapter: 720P on most supported iDevices, 1080P on the iPad 2 and iPhone 4S). Support for this may be added in the future.
These cables can be used via jailbreak solutions found on Cydia such as DisplayOut and TVout2, but will be limited to the current screen resolution.
I am confused by these posts and have no idea what cables they refer to, but if not today, perhaps an indication if this is considered worthwhile by the developers?

Thanks in advance!
KODI: LibreElec on Raspberry Pi
KODI: LibreElec on Asus Chromebox

My statement is right for current nightlys - wiki is correct for latest stable eden 11.0 release. Its not possible to watch the movie on both - ipad and tvout at the same time. When tvout is active the ipad/idevice is used as a control for xbmc. That said i would prefer the apple hdmi adapter.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks a lot! What a shame it wont do mirroring, will it ever ?
Android tabs can do it, but they dont run XBMC Sad

What do you mean with you would prefer the apple hdmi adapter? Over what? VGA?
WIth HDMI, the sound comes out of the projected screen or still from the iPad, or both?

I have been trying to look it up, but dont understand your remark (apple web site mentions mirroring and tv out does not explain). Checking out other examples: here and here.

I am an Apple newbee and I do not trust them as Apple marketing info "never" seems to explain this in the detail I would actually need, so I appreciate your help.
I would love an in-car XMBC solution. Tablets seem the way to go.

No if you ask me it won't be able to get video played on both ipad and tvout at the same time. At least i will not even try to implement something like this.

Yes i would prefer HDMI over composite over VGA. When using HDMI the audio will be passed to the attached screen if it supports it. If the screen doesn't have speakers or doesn't support audio over HDMI the audio will come out of the ipad internal speakers. Once again it won't come out on both at the same time (this is handled automatically from within iOS - we don't have control over it).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Thanks!

I just want to check, is the latest iOS nightly still restricted in terms of its resolution?
yes
I noticed 720p mkv movies sometimes freeze while i push forward? Actually only when i pushed 3-4 times for maximum speed forward. Only with high resolution mkv movies? Here´s the log:

http://pastebin.com/RQ8M8SL5

Okay, found the log file on iOS.

This is regarding the live video streaming issue (slow playback).

http://pastebin.com/xnsaP1KW

It would be so awesome if we can get this to work Smile
I was under the impression that the clamp mentioned previously only applied to video playback. However, when I connect my iPad 3 to my TV via HDMI and set output to screen 2 (1920x1080) it doesn't fill the screen. It seems to be about 100px short on top and bottom and slightly less on the sides. Is this intended behavior or is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?
Sounds like your TV is not setup right. Have a look for overscan options. Best set your tv to Pan&Scan if possible.
(2012-07-01, 20:19)Memphiz Wrote: Sounds like your TV is not setup right. Have a look for overscan options. Best set your tv to Pan&Scan if possible.

Nope, not an overscan issue. Same input, same cable works for Xbox 360, PS3, and Acer Revo @ 1080p and with Apple TV2 running XBMC @ 720p, all completely fill the screen. I was using a fairly outdated nightly though, just updated, will give it another go. If it persists I'll take a pic so you can see what I mean.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iPad 3 and xbmc?0