• 2(current)
iPad 3 and xbmc?
Retina works when current mainline code is compiled with xcode4 (and ios sdk 5.1) - no code changes required - but we might need to bump the buildbot or so ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I get this when compiling master for iOS5.1 sdk http://pastebin.com/4tKNgCGz

Any ideas what's wrong?
Hi guys,

i have an issue with XBMC and my jailbroken iPad 3. The issue is that it isn't able touch anything in XBMC, it doesn't respond. Ok, i can swipe from the Videos/Music/TV Shows/Pictures tiles to the right to see Programs, but if i try to click one tile nothing happens. I tried to deinstall and to reinstall XBMC but nothing changed. Does anyone of you have a hint for me what i can do to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Bob
(2012-05-26, 23:55)Memphiz Wrote: Retina works when current mainline code is compiled with xcode4 (and ios sdk 5.1) - no code changes required - but we might need to bump the buildbot or so ...
Thanks for confirming. Just built from git master on iOS5.1, that works great, I wished I could say perfectly.
Everything looks amazing in retina. Maybe some pics of Touched Skin that are a bit small sized and then blurred.

I generated a debug build and I hope there are some possible optimizations, because right now an h264 720p video renders at a low framerate Sad
...hmm according to top, my (retina) build takes 95% CPU while idling, and 130% (cores ?) during video play... > choppy
the stable release (non retina) taking 40% at idle / 100% during play > framerate is perfect.
don't build debug builds for iOS, they run much too slow.
(2012-05-27, 03:41)davilla Wrote: don't build debug builds for iOS, they run much too slow.
I know, was just trying first with xcode project defaults, had to fix some compilation errors, and then tested a bit.
I was thinking OpenGL/hardware video decoding wouldn't use that much CPU, more GPU.

Just built in release (-O3) CPU dropped, to 50% in idle, 120% during play. framerate is improved, but still choppy and hardly watchable.
I hope I did something wrong Smile
"had to fix some compilation errors", what errors ?

also xbmc.log will show if vtb is being used or not.
Had to change this
Code:
diff --git a/xbmc/osx/ios/XBMCController.mm b/xbmc/osx/ios/XBMCController.mm
index 269b1ec..e11dfcc 100644
--- a/xbmc/osx/ios/XBMCController.mm
+++ b/xbmc/osx/ios/XBMCController.mm
@@ -58,9 +58,10 @@ extern NSString* kBRScreenSaverDismissed;
//--------------------------------------------------------------
//

-@interface XBMCController ()
-UIWindow *m_window;
-IOSEAGLView  *m_glView;
+@interface XBMCController () {
+  UIWindow *m_window;
+  IOSEAGLView  *m_glView;
+}
@end

@interface UIApplication (extended)
@@ -159,7 +160,7 @@ IOSEAGLView  *m_glView;
   [doubleFingerSingleTap release];

//1 finger single long tab - right mouse - alernative
-  UITapGestureRecognizer *singleFingerSingleLongTap = [[UILongPressGestureRecognizer alloc]
+  UILongPressGestureRecognizer *singleFingerSingleLongTap = [[UILongPressGestureRecognizer alloc]
                                                         initWithTarget:self action:@selector(handleSingleFingerSingleLongTap:)];  
   singleFingerSingleLongTap.delaysTouchesBegan = YES;
   singleFingerSingleLongTap.delaysTouchesEnded = YES;

Also changed code signing settings to use some profile, was too lazy to search for how to bypass apple signing, last time I did it took hours patching some Xcode binaries... Wink

VTB... hmm no idea of what it is... searching... SD renders fine at 40% CPU.

EDIT:
VideoToolBoxDecoder maybe? :
Code:
04:25:56 T:218415104   DEBUG: CDVDFactoryCodec: compiled in hardware support: VDADecoder:no VideoToolBoxDecoder:yes CrystalHD:no OpenMax:no
04:25:56 T:218415104   DEBUG: FactoryCodec - Video:  - Opening
04:25:56 T:218415104   DEBUG: DllAvUtilBase: Using libavutil system library
04:25:56 T:218415104   DEBUG: DllAvCodec: Using libavcodec system library
04:25:56 T:218415104   DEBUG: DllSwScale: Using libswscale system library
04:25:56 T:218415104   DEBUG: DllAvFilter: Using libavfilter system library
04:25:56 T:218415104  NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Using codec: H.264 / AVC / MPEG-4 AVC / MPEG-4 part 10
04:25:56 T:218415104   DEBUG: FactoryCodec - Video: ff-h264 - Opened
04:25:56 T:218415104  NOTICE: Creating video thread
04:25:56 T:273862656  NOTICE: running thread: video_thread
04:25:56 T:218415104  NOTICE: Opening audio stream: 1 source: 256
04:25:56 T:218415104  NOTICE: Finding audio codec for: 86019

EDIT2: Read some forums threads, I've basically followed README.ios instructions and (dumbly since there is no instructions about this in readme) hit run&build in Xcode.
So I guess I'm running it under mobile user and from what I've read it is probably sandboxed = not using VTB.
VTB == VideoToolBox, it's how we do video hardware decode.
if you are running under xcode, then it's an xcode sandbox and that prevents vtb.
Yup that's was definitely my issue, thanks for pointing me to the right direction
Fixed this and now works perfectly @73% CPU, perfect framerate, amazing in retina Smile

Thanks again, maybe adding a small line at the end of README.ios stating this would prevent noobs like me to do this mistake Wink
"Fixed this", explain please.
As suggested, just moved the .app outside its sandbox to /Applications, so it now use VTB properly.
Is there a .deb file of your build available for those of us without the sdk and/or a mac to build it on?
can xbmc play 1080p on iPad3/ATV2 v2 with VTB?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iPad 3 and xbmc?0