• 3(current)
Release Universal Scraper for Music Artists
Hi olympia, just out of interest, what was causing the crashes?
thanks
(2012-06-18, 20:54)prawnee Wrote: Hi olympia, just out of interest, what was causing the crashes?

IT was an infintie fallback loop.
-scraping for Sandra returns a list that has nothing to do with the artist. probably because of the particle 'and' inside the name.

-i can't scrape 'simon & garfunkel' or 'simon and garfunkel', the only workaround is the search for 'garfunkel'
(2012-06-19, 12:19)sergiocos Wrote: -scraping for Sandra returns a list that has nothing to do with the artist. probably because of the particle 'and' inside the name.
Didn't test, but I think got it fixed in v2.0.2

(2012-06-19, 12:19)sergiocos Wrote: -i can't scrape 'simon & garfunkel' or 'simon and garfunkel', the only workaround is the search for 'garfunkel'

Yeah, well, that's a side effect of being able to scrape tracks with multiple artists.
(2012-06-19, 22:11)olympia Wrote: Didn't test, but I think got it fixed in v2.0.2

tested and fixed, thanks!
Thanks for reporting, for looking into the issue (what you've figured was indeed the problem), for testing and for the feedback!
Appreciated! Smile
Thanks for the update to 2.0.1, things are working much better while scanning.
Hi, I just installed Universal Scarper for Artists and for Albums.
Everything was fine, the only problem I have is that I can't insert fanart logo, artist logo and album logo manually. Universal Scraper couldn't find obviously this artist because it's a local band who song only in my city! Big Grin
So, I think it's also useless to add it to MusicBrainz, and so on....

So, how can I do it manually?

If I press "i" on the artist and try to change manually, the scraper always ask me the name of the band, and I can't go on.... maybe it's a stupid question, but I couldn't fix it!

Thanks! Wink
Pissa, you should provide a nfo file with all the relevant informations (bio, artist name, etc). For Logo, fanart etc... put your media files in the artist and album directory. The skin should then extract them naturally and show them correctly.
Headphones offers a paid Musicbrainz mirror which is super fast. Any possibility of adding the option to both Universal Scrapers to use the mirror?
Thanks for your hard work.

Mike
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
(2012-06-26, 20:23)Dilligaf Wrote: Headphones offers a paid Musicbrainz mirror which is super fast. Any possibility of adding the option to both Universal Scrapers to use the mirror?

Mike

Who is gonna pay?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-06-26, 20:30)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-06-26, 20:23)Dilligaf Wrote: Headphones offers a paid Musicbrainz mirror which is super fast. Any possibility of adding the option to both Universal Scrapers to use the mirror?

Mike

Who is gonna pay?
I don't understand your question. I paid $10 in order to get Headphones working good. I may as well have my scrapers use it as well if I can

If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
(2012-06-26, 20:30)Martijn Wrote:

Mike

Who is gonna pay?

I think he is asking if he could use the musicbrainz mirror by rembo. If you have donated $10 to rembo for access then we could use the database for the scraper aswell. If rembo is ok with it.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
(2012-06-26, 20:15)Balinus Wrote: Pissa, you should provide a nfo file with all the relevant informations (bio, artist name, etc). For Logo, fanart etc... put your media files in the artist and album directory. The skin should then extract them naturally and show them correctly.

Thanks for your answer! Wink

Yesterday (before reading your post) I did some search on the forum, I found one old thread with a similar problem, so I tried to put the fanart image in the artist directory, I renamed it fanart.jpg, but nothing happened! Confused

I'm using Aeon MQ3, could be this the problem?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Scraper for Music Artists9