• 5(current)
Release Universal Scraper for Music Artists
Olympia and Salad - you both are indeed correct. A large # of music artists just don't have allmusic links on their musicbrainz page. I'll make some edits over time, but its literally hundreds of my artists, and some surprising ones at that. There's got to be a good way to script this to update Musicbrainz with the links. Need to think a bit about this.

I assume the last.fm data is collected directly, without a linkage to Musicbrainz?
This is an excellent scraper. It's working like a charm for most of my albums and singles and everything. Having musicbrainz and fanart.tv linked makes my XBMC happy.
However, I'm having problems with a few artists - Daft Punk for example, finds nothing except for these unrelated artists: Image
It can't find them automatically or undera manual search for "Daft Punk"
Weirdly, if I do a manual search for "Daft" the scraper works. But the full name doesn't...
My cds are all properly ripped and tagged with Musicbrainz Picard, so there shouldn't be any issues.
This is also happening with a friends XBMC.
(2012-07-13, 17:33)deh2k7 Wrote: Olympia and Salad - you both are indeed correct. A large # of music artists just don't have allmusic links on their musicbrainz page. I'll make some edits over time, but its literally hundreds of my artists, and some surprising ones at that. There's got to be a good way to script this to update Musicbrainz with the links. Need to think a bit about this.

I assume the last.fm data is collected directly, without a linkage to Musicbrainz?

Besides I wrote the scraper, I added a couple of hundreds allmusic links to MusicBrainz and a couple of hundreds images to fanart.tv Wink
(2012-07-15, 13:04)pete_the_lion Wrote: This is an excellent scraper. It's working like a charm for most of my albums and singles and everything. Having musicbrainz and fanart.tv linked makes my XBMC happy.
However, I'm having problems with a few artists - Daft Punk for example, finds nothing except for these unrelated artists:

Weirdly, if I do a manual search for "Daft" the scraper works. But the full name doesn't...
My cds are all properly ripped and tagged with Musicbrainz Picard, so there shouldn't be any issues.

Thanks for reporting. Fixed in scraper v2.1.1.
This bug shouldn't have affected many artists though.
(2012-07-15, 20:07)olympia Wrote:
(2012-07-13, 17:33)deh2k7 Wrote: Olympia and Salad - you both are indeed correct. A large # of music artists just don't have allmusic links on their musicbrainz page. I'll make some edits over time, but its literally hundreds of my artists, and some surprising ones at that. There's got to be a good way to script this to update Musicbrainz with the links. Need to think a bit about this.

Besides I wrote the scraper, I added a couple of hundreds allmusic links to MusicBrainz and a couple of hundreds images to fanart.tv Wink

Yeah, I've added a bunch of Musicbrainz links and am adding more. Quick question on fallbacks - the artist description field only lets me select last.fm in the primary section, and only last.fm in the fallback section. Is there a reason why we cannot select allmusic as a primary or fallback source for the artist description?
This is due to the same reason why we ditched the allmusic.com scraper. They are not allowing us to scrape artist bios and album reviews. By now, you should also have a choice there to grab biogs from theaudiodb.com though. (...and a hint: odds are high that by looking at the addon.xml of Universal Addon Scraper you figure out how to add biogs scraping from allmusic.com - i f not, I am not going to tell you Wink )
(2012-07-15, 20:08)olympia Wrote:
(2012-07-15, 13:04)pete_the_lion Wrote: This is an excellent scraper. It's working like a charm for most of my albums and singles and everything. Having musicbrainz and fanart.tv linked makes my XBMC happy.
However, I'm having problems with a few artists - Daft Punk for example, finds nothing except for these unrelated artists:

Thanks for reporting. Fixed in scraper v2.1.1.
This bug shouldn't have affected many artists though.
Thanks a lot mate! Fistbumps all round.

(2012-07-16, 06:46)olympia Wrote: This is due to the same reason why we ditched the allmusic.com scraper. They are not allowing us to scrape artist bios and album reviews. By now, you should also have a choice there to grab biogs from theaudiodb.com though. (...and a hint: odds are high that by looking at the addon.xml of Universal Addon Scraper you figure out how to add biogs scraping from allmusic.com - i f not, I am not going to tell you Wink )

Thanks for the hint! Perhaps you meant Settings.XML?
(2012-07-16, 21:22)deh2k7 Wrote:
(2012-07-16, 06:46)olympia Wrote: This is due to the same reason why we ditched the allmusic.com scraper. They are not allowing us to scrape artist bios and album reviews. By now, you should also have a choice there to grab biogs from theaudiodb.com though. (...and a hint: odds are high that by looking at the addon.xml of Universal Addon Scraper you figure out how to add biogs scraping from allmusic.com - i f not, I am not going to tell you Wink )

Thanks for the hint! Perhaps you meant Settings.XML?

uh, oh, yeah Smile
Sorry about that.

Olympia I did try this earlier based on your earlier hint in this thread and did get it working, though after every update any modifications I've made disappear and need to be re-done. Is there a way to have my modifications be persistent through updates? I don't think so but might as well ask. I could turn automatic updates off but would prefer to leave them on to update all my add-ons. For now I just decided to go with the last.fm default instead of having to redo modifications, but would reconsider if my change would persist through automatic updates to the scraper. The last.fm content is pretty good. I'd prefer AMG but not if it requires me to always re-modify.
Not possible.
The best you can do is to tweak up the version number of the scraper so it will not get updated, but other addons will.

edit: however as the scraper gets more and more mature, updates should occur less and less frequently.
If you don't save your settings again the value should not change
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-07-18, 00:26)Martijn Wrote: If you don't save your settings again the value should not change

I had modified and saved settings to enable allmusic artist scraping. When the scraper was updated I no longer had the ability to choose allmusic for artist information. So didn't the values in the settings change?
(2012-07-18, 20:47)andydufresne Wrote:
(2012-07-18, 00:26)Martijn Wrote: If you don't save your settings again the value should not change

I had modified and saved settings to enable allmusic artist scraping. When the scraper was updated I no longer had the ability to choose allmusic for artist information. So didn't the values in the settings change?

It shouldn't
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hi guys, I have a problem with this great scraper.
I had my library perfectly working, with all fanart both for artists both for albums. Yesterday I added a new artist to the collection, and for some reason I lost all artists fanart (and some album ones)!!

Now the problem is that nothing happens, if I retrieve again informations, the scaper doesn't download nothing. I tried to reset the music library, to delete MyMusic18.db, but with no success. The scarper simply doesn't works!

How can I find where could be the problem?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Scraper for Music Artists9