XBMC official translation project for release Frodo is open !
Exclamation 
Hi all translators !

We can proudly announce, that our official translation project is open for everyone who wants to contribute to XBMC with translations.
GO TO: https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/XBMC-Main-Frodo/

This is only a first step. We plan to upload a separate addon project for official xbmc addons.
Also might be that an Eden backport project will follow for a service release.

Also a wiki help must be done to help how to do it. Well most of you will easily figure it out as Transifex is really easy.
Any help with putting together a wiki page would be much appreciated. I still have a lot of other stuff to set up.

Enjoy and thanks for contributing. Please give me feedback if possible (also positive ones :-) )

Attila Jakosa (Team XBMC)
A useful info:

After that request a team creation for your language, or join an existing one.

Thanks, Attila
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
First, thanks for adding me as a Ukrainian and Russian coordinator.

However, for some reason I don't see all resources under respective languages. There supposed to be 16 resources but I see only 15 under Russian and Ukrainian, and the sets of available resources are different, or rather different files are missing. E.g. under Ukrainian I don't see xbmc.core.

Strangely enough, I can access the necessary translations by selecting a necessary resource on "Resources" tab, but IMO this is a bit confusing, especially for people who are new to Transifex. All resources are supposed to be available under language names on the default project page.

Here's what I see under Ukrainian: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24356082/transifex-ua.JPG (no xbmc.core)
(2012-05-29, 12:43)Roman_V_M Wrote: However, for some reason I don't see all resources under respective languages. There supposed to be 16 resources but I see only 15 under Russian and Ukrainian, and the sets of available resources are different, or rather different files are missing. E.g. under Ukrainian I don't see xbmc.core.

Strangely enough, I can access the necessary translations by selecting a necessary resource on "Resources" tab, but IMO this is a bit confusing, especially for people who are new to Transifex. All resources are supposed to be available under language names on the default project page.

Here's what I see under Ukrainian: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24356082/transifex-ua.JPG (no xbmc.core)

Strange, I see all files under Ukranian http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/3756/ukranian.png

Could you please drop a question to the Transifex Live support team. It is at the bottom right corner of the screen. They are very helpful.

Thanks in advanced. Please let me know if you find anything.

Thanks,

Cheers

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
@Roman_V_M

I think you just missed the vertical scrollbar on the right hand side. If you move it downwards the last item will appear.
(2012-05-29, 13:01)CutSickAss Wrote: @Roman_V_M

I think you just missed the vertical scrollbar on the right hand side. If you move it downwards the last item will appear.

Yes, thanks, how silly of me. Confused Strangely enough, in Firefox the scrollbars are not very visible, unlike IE.
Shouldn't skin Touched be part of the official translation, since it's distributed with all iOS touch versions as default skin?
(2012-05-30, 17:49)sho Wrote: Shouldn't skin Touched be part of the official translation, since it's distributed with all iOS touch versions as default skin?

Where is it kept ? I have no file there in the git clone of master.
I'll include it. Just give me a link.

Thanks
(2012-05-30, 22:55)alanwww1 Wrote:
(2012-05-30, 17:49)sho Wrote: Shouldn't skin Touched be part of the official translation, since it's distributed with all iOS touch versions as default skin?

Thanks

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master/.gitmodules

Here you find how it's linked to xbmc
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-05-30, 23:14)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-05-30, 22:55)alanwww1 Wrote:

Thanks

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master/.gitmodules

Here you find how it's linked to xbmc

Thanks Martijn !

I add it asap to the main project.

Great Smile Today I'll update any new string for Polish language.
Polish language translator/maintainer for Grid skin.
@allanwww1
I can remember we could review the current translations however I can't find that option anymore.

Any idea when we can add other add-ons?
(2012-05-31, 13:20)Martijn Wrote: @allanwww1
I can remember we could review the current translations however I can't find that option anymore.

You can review all strings next to the entry on the right. There is also an option of bulk review the strings on the same page.
This functionality is really useful for coordinators. What I did for example (as a Hungarian team coordinator) is to mark ALL previous (imported from xml) strings reviewed. So from now on I can always see the newly added translations by team members and approve it or revert it. There is a history kept for ALL strings where you can choose to revert to any previous revision for the string.

About other addons, I still have some tools to code. To extract, assemble addon description, summary disclaimer for example (Well the sxtract part is ready) So I am hard working on it but I have only got free time after work mostly at nights :-) So I'd like to ask everyone to be patient with this a little. I'd estimate a 2-4 weeks from now.

Edit:

User Mad-max is preparing a really great Wiki page on Transifex usage. It will be really helpful for all translators.
(2012-05-31, 13:32)alanwww1 Wrote:
(2012-05-31, 13:20)Martijn Wrote: @allanwww1

You can review all strings next to the entry on the right. There is also an option of bulk review the strings on the same page.
This functionality is really useful for coordinators. What I did for example (as a Hungarian team coordinator) is to mark ALL previous (imported from xml) strings reviewed. So from now on I can always see the newly added translations by team members and approve it or revert it. There is a history kept for ALL strings where you can choose to revert to any previous revision for the string.

About other addons, I still have some tools to code. To extract, assemble addon description, summary disclaimer for example (Well the sxtract part is ready) So I am hard working on it but I have only got free time after work mostly at nights :-) So I'd like to ask everyone to be patient with this a little. I'd estimate a 2-4 weeks from now.

Edit:

User Mad-max is preparing a really great Wiki page on Transifex usage. It will be really helpful for all translators.

ah dam i found it. Clicked on view strings instead of translate now.

Sure we will have patience. I was just curious Smile
The occurences field seems to empty for almost everything. You know about this alan or is it an error? Actually, I can only find a single string that has it: the one shown on the wiki page..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC official translation project for release Frodo is open ! 0