EPG - broken again (or still broken?)
Hello,

Latest xbmc 11 from source. Tvheadend - latest version from source. Problem: there is no epg for some channels. This seems to be random "feature" - after reset epg database and reset pvr database. each time channle without epg is different.

Log file: http://pastebin.com/QRcBcG8K

In this case, there is no epg info for "TVP Kultura":

17:24:53 T:140276127094528 NOTICE: Epg - Load - no database entries found for table 'TVP Kultura'.

Of course, epg for this channel is available without any problems in tvheadend web ui. Is this known issue? When I expect it to be fixed?
epg is not broken.
please use opdenkamps tvheadend, setup xmltv in tvheadend and disable eit for all 'broken' channels
and delete epgdb in TVHEADEND's hts folder
and if you use nfs, your'e screwed, put all xbmc databases in mysql (search forum on how to do this).
Quote:epg is not broken.
So why it does not work?

Quote:please use opdenkamps tvheadend,
I use hts tvheadend, latest version. Is there any other tvheadend? Where can I find it? Do you mean this? https://github.com/opdenkamp/tvheadend

Quote:setup xmltv in tvheadend
I'm not sure what is xml tv. Why should I setup this? It was never needed before. Why do I need it today? I use dvb-t source with tvheadend, not xmltv.

Quote:disable eit for all 'broken' channels
What is 'eit'? What channels? This isssue is for all channels, random

Why xbmc is unable to import epg from tvheadend client correctly for all channels?
i assume that you have deleted tvheadends epgdata database in the tvheadend folder?
you could also delete xbmc's databases, but that's not relevant, but gives you a clean epg in xbmc too.

tvheadend slurps all epg data from your service provider, also incorrect data (which is very common).
tvheadend does not filter out incorrect data.

xbmc is perfectly capable of importing epg data from tvheadend. this works fine 100% of the times, but you'll have to digg into this a bit deeper i'm afraid.
look very closely to your epg data in tvheadend and you will discover strange things e.g. 'nos journaal' that is 2 hours...big gaps, overlaps etc.

xmltv is a script that scrapes tv data from tv guide websites.
you need xmltv data to overwrite/fill in the missing epg data in tvheadend.
disabeling eit makes sure that xmltv data is used instead of service provider data.
eit is available in opdenkamps tvheadend (amoungst other improvements such as working teletext Wink ).
do not use any other tvheadend with the pvr branche.

if you have issues with all channels than disable eit for all channels and use xmltv instead.
(2012-05-30, 08:36)basco Wrote: xmltv is a script that scrapes tv data from tv guide websites.
you need xmltv data to overwrite/fill in the missing epg data in tvheadend.
disabeling eit makes sure that xmltv data is used instead of service provider data.
eit is available in opdenkamps tvheadend (amoungst other improvements such as working teletext Wink ).
do not use any other tvheadend with the pvr branche.

if you have issues with all channels than disable eit for all channels and use xmltv instead.

XMLTV is not a script. It's a XML definition for TV/EPG information - http://wiki.xmltv.org/index.php/Main_Page

TVheadend can parse tv information that are provided as XMLTV files.

To get these, there are scrappers or other sources and services; the files could be provided online or offline, through websites or scripts. TVHeadend offers some xmltv sources; if there is no useful service for you, you'll have to use a xmltv-localfile-grabber. These services are not available in every country for every channel. For example in germany there is atm only one regular service that delivers XMLTV files, but you have to pay for it. Standalone grabbers for german tv websites are unfortunately not available atm / I don't know one - so I have to use provider EPG information too (which works btw. well, but yes, there are multiple errors, especially starting and ending times are often faulty). The VDR project has very cool grabber plugins, but I guess they are VDR specific.

So long

LastCoder
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
Hmm,

OK, it's more clear now. But in my case - bad news. I'm from Poland, I don't think I can find any xmltv services for my channels. I don't even know where should I start to look for this. And there is no any services in tvheadend from my country.

So is there anything I can do in this case? Is this even tvheadend bugs or errors in epg from broadcaster? And, why xbmc is unable to display the same epg informations as tvheadend do? In my case, tvheadend displays some epg info for channel "TVP Kultura" (maybe there are some broken inforamations there), but xbms displays nothing... it don't even see any epg available for this channel...

Quote:amoungst other improvements such as working teletext
Wow, so I should use this version

@lastcoder: sorry, you are right about the xmltv thing. i just meant my grab.py.
@giaur: yes use opdenkamps tvheadend and don't be lazy Wink try using google and search 'xmltv poland'
I've just compiled latest opdenkamps tvheadend. It works, teletext works too. There is no any epg issues so far.... but, I can't find anything about polish xmltv source - I've already searched google, still nothing :/ It seems only way is use provider's epg :/

About teletext: it works and it works very nice, but:
- national polish letters are displayed incorrectly
- is there any chance to change font??

@LastCoder : What about non english characeters in your case? I thnik this can be related to incorrect encoding or font issue (no needed characters available?). Can you see german character in your teletext? Is there any option to change encoding for teletext?
(2012-05-31, 11:46)giaur Wrote: I've just compiled latest opdenkamps tvheadend. It works, teletext works too. There is no any epg issues so far.... but, I can't find anything about polish xmltv source - I've already searched google, still nothing :/ It seems only way is use provider's epg :/

So, my Polish is weak, but does this site help in any way? http://code.google.com/p/epguide/

/D
(2012-05-31, 23:50)dodoadoodoo Wrote: So, my Polish is weak, but does this site help in any way? http://code.google.com/p/epguide/

/D

Hmm, this application is able to download and parse tv guide from public online sites. It looks like nice, the result is local file containing xmltv data. Should I load this file to tvheadend somehow? Since this is local file only, what about refreshing data?
(2012-06-01, 08:14)giaur Wrote:
(2012-05-31, 23:50)dodoadoodoo Wrote: So, my Polish is weak, but does this site help in any way? http://code.google.com/p/epguide/

/D

Hmm, this application is able to download and parse tv guide from public online sites. It looks like nice, the result is local file containing xmltv data. Should I load this file to tvheadend somehow? Since this is local file only, what about refreshing data?

I run MythTV myself, and don't know too much about tvheadend. Myth runs the xmltv grabber regularly and refreshes the data. I imagine tvheadend would do the same. Maybe you can check the tvheadend documentation.

/D
I think what you'd have to do is create a symbolic in your bin directory (or put the executable there) and give it a name of tv_grab_poland for example...
Then using the tvheadend web gui hope that it shows up in the grabber list and choose that one.

*Note I haven't looked at the exe from the link a few posts back, so it may not even output the data in the same way the usual grabbers do..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EPG - broken again (or still broken?)0