Help! :)
Hi,

I'm about to try and install XBMC on to my newly untethered JB'd ATV2 but I have a couple of questions.

The so called step by step guides don't say whether the ATV has to be on, in standby, or connected to the computer by USB.

So, can anyone help before I muck this up? I don't want to be doing it with the ATV on if it should be in sleep mode...
Mid 2009 15" MacBook Pro 10.8.2
16GB WiFi iPad 2 iOS6
32GB iPhone 5 iOS6
2 x Jailbroken ATV2 iOS5.0.2
2 x Apple 2TB Time Capsules
Sony Bravia KDL40NX723B LED HD 1080p 3D TV, 40 inch with Built-in Wi-Fi and Freeview HD
I assume you've already jailbroken?

The ATV should be plugged in and connected to a TV like it would be for normal use. Also make sure it has a network connection, either wireless or wired. ATV sleep is fake sleep, so I don't think that matters, but to play it safe just make sure it is normally on.
(2012-05-29, 21:11)Ned Scott Wrote: I assume you've already jailbroken?

The ATV should be plugged in and connected to a TV like it would be for normal use. Also make sure it has a network connection, either wireless or wired. ATV sleep is fake sleep, so I don't think that matters, but to play it safe just make sure it is normally on.

Thanks, I took a chance that it should be on and gave it a go. XBMC seems to be installed but I have a few niggles.

Firstly, should I have typed N to the second y/n question? I didn't notice until afterwards that Y was in capitals for the first question and N for second, as if it was a hint.

Secondly, can someone tell me how to add my Time Capsule so XBMC can read my movies etc from there. Disc sharing is enabled on my TC.

Lastly, why is part of the things hidden off the sides and top/bottom of my screen?
16GB WiFi iPad 2 iOS6
32GB iPhone 5 iOS6
Sony Bravia KDL40NX723B LED HD 1080p 3D TV, 40 inch with Built-in Wi-Fi and Freeview HD
Y was correct if not xbmc wouldn't be installed.

The overscan can be changed but going to System -> settings -> System -> Video tab -> calibrate screen

For time machine, see here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...ia_sources
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
(2012-05-30, 00:06)deanmv Wrote: Y was correct if not xbmc wouldn't be installed.

The overscan can be changed but going to System -> settings -> System -> Video tab -> calibrate screen

For time machine, see here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...ia_sources

Thanks, by now tough you have seen my other thread and have seen the problems I am having. I wish I hadn't bothered with all of this TBH. :/
16GB WiFi iPad 2 iOS6
32GB iPhone 5 iOS6

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help! :)0