[AudioEngine] PVR Video slows down to 2 fps
Since the old Development threads have somehow died since AE hit the nightlies I will now try it in the support forum like the guys over at the Windows subforum.
Here is my problem:

I've tested an openELEC version with PVR support and have a problem:

As I watch television via DVB-T: When I select a channel is runs well for several minutes. But sometimes when there is bad signal(way to often in my area .. ) the whole video slows down to maybe 2 fps and i got no sound. If I switch channels back and forth I am fine again.

Here is a log:

http://sprunge.us/iehO
I enabled live TV and the problem directly occurs. Then I switched channels back an forth and had to wait several minutes till it happens again...

I figured that it does not simply depend on signal quality... Sometimes it just shutters and I can watch on...
(2012-06-20, 20:49)blingg Wrote: I have the same with DVB-S. But it also could be reproduced with material streamed over slow network. Like playing a 720p video on youtube over slow wi-fi link. The stream would pause, start buffering and never recover.
http://pastebin.ca/2163561
(2012-06-21, 13:11)blingg Wrote: I accidentally discovered that on channels with multiple audio tracks, if the stream gets stuck like described above, switching to a different audio track without stopping playback helps recover playback.
Is anyone else having this problem?!
Yes, it's under investigation.
This forum definitely needs a 'Thanks' Button for replys :-)
(2012-07-09, 20:00)Hasu0bs Wrote: This forum definitely needs a 'Thanks' Button for replys :-)

Little "+/-" under each post.
Does anybody observe this problem with passthrough audio without transcoding? I think I have identified a problem but this is hard to fix.
As I use DVB-T only I have no channels with passthrough sound, sorry...
Short update:

We just got a pull request which might fix this issue. Thanks to classicspam.
(2012-07-22, 15:36)FernetMenta Wrote: We just got a pull request which might fix this issue. Thanks to classicspam.

Great news! I'll try the PR as soon as I can.

edit: Just tested and no more slowdowns Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AudioEngine] PVR Video slows down to 2 fps0