• 10(current)
[RELEASE] SimplePlaylists
I want to add this to my upcoming skin fTV and only use a specifically named playlist (eg 'Watchlist') so I can use it on the home screen to show it's contents. So could you add the option to skip selecting the playlist and define it when running the script please?

Thanks.
Hi,
I am user of this script and I wonder if it will receive updates, behold, a long time is not updated.
Grateful.
Carlos Lima - Time Kodi Brasil
HTPC Zotac Nano ID68, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD
Win7 64, Kodi Jarvis Custom+ by Wanilton
Skin MQ6 by MarcosQui
Gato Guga Blog - Kodi Brasil Forum
Does anyone have version 1.1.2 ? Repo hasn't been update to it yet and I would like to see if it will work to get smb network path working.
Real noob question, but how do i even make a playlist ? when i go to the addon its just blank
First, I'm using v 1.1.1 something broke for me with v 1.1.2.

You create playlists and add items to them "on the go":

When you in Kodi have browsed to what you want to add to a playlist you run the command from the first post in this thread (I've added the command to keyboard.xml under Global to be triggered when I press F12, see post http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1372238 there I also described how I've made to open the Video category from kodi favourites).

Then step by step you set the name you want the item to have - select category - choose to which playlist you want to save the item and at this last step you create new playlists (and sub-playlists if you want to).

This add-on is really great. I haven't found any similar add-on that can save *anything* to it's playlists. Others I've tried haven't been able to save items from all kind of add-on like this can.

Sometimes the add-on gets it wrong regarding if the saved item is a folder or not but it's easy to correct, see post http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1369251 .
Thanks for your reply buddy, as I said I am a noob so bare with me, so I've opened up the keyboard file, where do I put this??

<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <F12>RunPlugin(plugin://script.simpleplaylists/?mode=addCurrentUrl)</F12>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

Sent from my D6603
(2016-09-13, 12:15)Dhop84 Wrote: Thanks for your reply buddy, as I said I am a noob so bare with me, so I've opened up the keyboard file, where do I put this??

<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

Sent from my D6603

you have to put this Line

under

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>

search for <p>Play</p> and put it above this line

or look at Kodi.wiki Keymap
Thanks for the reply, but I've added that and still nothing, do I have to create a folder first or something?

Sent from my D6603
I just realized, after writing the instructions below, that from the name of the add-on perhaps you think it would work like playlists you do in music players etc, it doesn't.
A more correct name should perhaps have been something with favourites in the name.

This add-on is an alternative to Kodi's Favourites, a thousand times better though!
The "playlists" are used for organizing favourites grouped together in these lists. The lists are *not* used for putting videos and songs etc in them for automatically being played in sequence after each other.

For keeping and organizing favourites/shortcuts it's really good and useful. Continuing instructions for this purpose:

It's been a couple of years since I installed and configured this add-on but I don't recall having to do anything else to be able to add items to playlists.
I don't know if it's needed but restart Kodi after adding the text to keyboard.xml.

As I wrote before, you don't have to create any folders or anything beforehand.
Anywhere in Kodi you just press F12 on your keyboard and the add item to playlist dialog should pop up.
If it's an item that is not possible to add to a playlist, instead of the dialog, there is a notification saying something like "no file playing"

To be able to open the playlists after you created them you have to put the other command somewhere line explained in the first post in this thread.
It looks like SimplePlaylist will need an update for Kodi 7. The only way to get the adding context menu is to first drop the video link into favorites. Then when I open the simpleplaylist and try to play the video, nothing happen...

Edit: Ok, after a bit of reading I found a solution about playing of videos from Post #126 and #68. For the adding part, the cause may depend on the key defined as the same key could be defined in sub menus...
Just discovered this and think it would be perfect for what I am trying to do. Installed it and made proper entries in keyboard.xml and Favorites. But under KodiKrypton 17.0 using skin Aeon MQ7 it does not seem to work at all.

trying various mapped keys while exploring a movie, song or TV episode, nothing happens at all. Debug log shows the keypress then nothing after. No files or playlists are created, no menu pops up. Selecting Show Playlists in favorites does bring up the options for selecting Videos, Music or Images but they are all empty.

As I said I have tried mapping different keys to invoke the addon but none have any effect. Might this be skin related?
Request for SimplePlaylists for Kodi V18: Add a Games playlist type
The developer of this addon last visited the Kodi forum in April 2015...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Thanks, I hadn't noticed that. I guess a fork is likely in order to get it to do what I want. Confused
(2017-08-01, 17:18)zachmorris Wrote: Thanks, I hadn't noticed that. I guess a fork is likely in order to get it to do what I want. Confused
You're free to take over if you're up to it.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] SimplePlaylists2