• 5(current)
[RELEASE] SimplePlaylists
In my music library I have an item called "Playlists". I already have quite a few playlists created in that location.

Is there any way of making the simpleplaylists playlists show up in the same list?

i tried changing the directory that simpleplaylists uses to the userdata/playlists/music but my simpleplaylists playlists still dont appear among my usual playlists.

any thoughts?
Hi there,
i was looking for one way to quick bookmark and group my favorites musics in one playlist while listen my entire collection,
this addon was so good, i made a custom button, shortcut my favorite playlist, so far so good.

But ... when i start play my music playlist it fills the XBMC Video Playlist and not the Audio Playlist,
this just ruined all my happiness, because Music Visualization is unable to pull all the infos, fanart, next song etc.

This is normal behavior or im doing something wrong? if this is a issue any chance to get a fix for it?

Thx
died developer? simply unresponsive absolutely nothing.
Carlos Lima - Time Kodi Brasil
HTPC Zotac Nano ID68, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD
Win7 64, Kodi Jarvis Custom+ by Wanilton
Skin MQ6 by MarcosQui
Gato Guga Blog - Kodi Brasil Forum
(2012-11-28, 05:02)backspace Wrote: Is there a way to add this to the music playlist menu as a button/icon
It should be possible, but you will have to edit your skins xml files...

(2013-01-09, 15:41)GatoGuga Wrote: Friends,
Great job.
I noticed that version 1.1.0 is not translated into Portuguese as remittances from Wanilton friend.
I managed to apply the command to the keyboard, perfect.
I managed to send the music to the playlist playback.

My question is, how do I access the playlist created and thus be able to play them?
You can access them via your video/audio/image add-ons: Select the simpleplaylists addon and your playlists should appear.
Or you map this:
Code:
RunPlugin(plugin://script.simpleplaylists/?mode=showPlaylists)
to your remote to access the playlists from everywhere.

(2013-01-09, 16:25)Wanilton Wrote: @AddonScriptorDE, translation for portuguese (Brazil), version 1.1.0

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/25170804/Simple...zil%29.zip
Thanks! Smile I will add it to the next version...

(2013-01-22, 20:23)thebearnecessit Wrote: In my music library I have an item called "Playlists". I already have quite a few playlists created in that location.

Is there any way of making the simpleplaylists playlists show up in the same list?

i tried changing the directory that simpleplaylists uses to the userdata/playlists/music but y simpleplaylists playlists still dont appear among my usual playlists.

any thoughts?
Sorry, they are completly different in structure and cant be used together...

(2013-02-26, 02:43)Middle Wrote: Hi there,
i was looking for one way to quick bookmark and group my favorites musics in one playlist while listen my entire collection,
this addon was so good, i made a custom button, shortcut my favorite playlist, so far so good.

But ... when i start play my music playlist it fills the XBMC Video Playlist and not the Audio Playlist,
this just ruined all my happiness, because Music Visualization is unable to pull all the infos, fanart, next song etc.

This is normal behavior or im doing something wrong? if this is a issue any chance to get a fix for it?

Thx
Thanks for reporting! I will have a look at this when I have some more time!

(2013-02-26, 15:48)GatoGuga Wrote: died developer? simply unresponsive absolutely nothing.
Sorry! Angel
I have about 50 add-ons to maintain and simply forgot to check this thread...
I will try to look here more often, promised! Smile

I personally also use this addon, but i realized, it wont make to much sense to put more time in it, because of the still remaining encoding problem.
If this would be fixed, which would be really simple, i think this addon would have much more potential, because it would support to add every content available in xbmc.
So to you all, if you like the addon, please ask for a fix.

When the encoding problem is gone, i will do a complete rewrite of this add-on - Because the code is really messed up!
I have some ideas on how to make it more comfortable and better organized...
can i help translate it to hebrew?
hi
how can i have this via smart playlist?
this will solve almost all streaming issues i have - trying to combine my.library and pseudotv.

if i can have this as a smart playlist, my pseudotv will be finally done.
thanks
(2013-03-02, 22:06)EZ1976 Wrote: can i help translate it to hebrew?
Sure! Smile Would be nice... You can post the translated strings.xml, so I will add it to the next version.

(2013-03-03, 11:37)EZ1976 Wrote: hi
how can i have this via smart playlist?
this will solve almost all streaming issues i have - trying to combine my.library and pseudotv.

if i can have this as a smart playlist, my pseudotv will be finally done.
thanks
Sorry, they have a complete different structure - So they cant be used as smart playlists...
Hi!

Thanks for a great idea and promising addon. Really useful for organizing files/links together regardless of source.

1: When I add a local videofile (mp4 or mpg) they get marked as ###ISDIR###=True### in SimplePlaylists.spl and doesn´t play until I manually edit the spl-file and change to ###ISDIR###=False###.
Local video-folders works fine (because they "IS Truely DIR" Big Grin )

2: Links to an episode from within Project Free TV addon (w Metadata ON) get a hard line break (before the word "Genre!) in the spl-file which makes the Title show up wrongly in the playlist.
If I save the episode to a playlist while playing (doesn´t work when adding/saving while Stopped) and manually removes the hard line break it works.

I´m using SimplePlaylist v 1.1.0

Thanks again for your great work!

/Lars
(2013-03-11, 22:29)larchen Wrote: Hi!

Thanks for a great idea and promising addon. Really useful for organizing files/links together regardless of source.

1: When I add a local videofile (mp4 or mpg) they get marked as ###ISDIR###=True### in SimplePlaylists.spl and doesn´t play until I manually edit the spl-file and change to ###ISDIR###=False###.
Local video-folders works fine (because they "IS Truely DIR" Big Grin )

2: Links to an episode from within Project Free TV addon (w Metadata ON) get a hard line break (before the word "Genre!) in the spl-file which makes the Title show up wrongly in the playlist.
If I save the episode to a playlist while playing (doesn´t work when adding/saving while Stopped) and manually removes the hard line break it works.

I´m using SimplePlaylist v 1.1.0

Thanks again for your great work!

/Lars
Thanks for reporting! Smile
I will have a look at it when i have some more time...
It´s already very, very useful after you´ve learned how to edit the SimplePlaylists.spl-file which isn´t that difficult.
I use Notepad++ with the script-language set to CSS which gives a helpful color-coding of the parameters in the spl-file that makes it a little bit easier to find the different parameters.

Most of the times I only need to change/correct the ISDIR-setting.
With all the different kind of links you can put in to a SimplePlaylist I guess it can be difficult to automatically analyze the link and set the ISDIR-setting correctly.
Perhaps the most simple solution would be to have the user set the link-type (ISDIR) manually when adding the link. Now you select category (Video/Audio/Image) and next to it add a type-selection File/Folder (=ISDIR False/True).

But as I said, for me SimplePlaylist is very useful already in current version so it´s no rush.

/Lars
Using Frodo with Aeon Nox v4 on Win7. I've added the following line to my favourites.xml, but I'm getting a script failed when I try to launch.

Code:
<favourite name="SimplePlaylists">RunPlugin(plugin://script.simpleplaylists/?mode=showPlaylists)</favourite>

EDIT:
I should add that it does come up in the Favourites Menu however, just get the error when I click Launch in the Add-on screen.
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
I added SimplePlaylist to my Favourites by:

1: going to Main Meny - Video - Addons
2: Scroll to/mark SimplePlaylist (without opening it)
3: From Context Menu ("c" on the keyboard) choose Add to Favourites

then you get a Favourite opening SimplePlaylist´s Video-playlists which is the only one I´ve made.

To create Favourites for Music- and Image-playlists in step 1 you go to Music - addons and Image - Addons instead of Video - Addons.

/Lars
(2013-03-19, 01:05)larchen Wrote: I added SimplePlaylist to my Favourites by:

1: going to Main Meny - Video - Addons
2: Scroll to/mark SimplePlaylist (without opening it)
3: From Context Menu ("c" on the keyboard) choose Add to Favourites

then you get a Favourite opening SimplePlaylist´s Video-playlists which is the only one I´ve made.

To create Favourites for Music- and Image-playlists in step 1 you go to Music - addons and Image - Addons instead of Video - Addons.

/Lars

Thank you Larchen!

I can do what you describe without issue. However, when I go to Settings>Add-ons>Enabled Add-ons>Picture Add-ons>SimplePlayLists>Launch

I get this error:

Also, my main need is how do I create a simpleplaylist of individual pictures and/or a picture folder?

And can I create one using metadata tags?
You don´t launch SimplePlaylist (or any other Addon I think) via Enabled Addons. You go the route I descirbed:
Main Meny - Video - Addons to launch SimplePlaylist Video playlist
Main Meny - Music- Addons to launch SimplePlaylist Music playlist
Main Meny - Pictures- Addons to launch SimplePlaylist Picture playlist

and if you go these routes and add them to your Favourites instead of/before launching them as I described then you can launch them from your Favourites.

As described in post #1 in this thread you have to assign a command to a button to be able to add items to Simpleplaylist playlists. I put this in my keyboard.xml-file <F12>RunPlugin(plugin://script.simpleplaylists/?mode=addCurrentUrl)</F12>.
If you do this (but you can choose whatever key you like) you then press F12 to add items to playlists.
I´ve only used it for Videos but it should be the same for Pictures:
Put the cursor on/mark a folder and then press F12 to add that folder to a playlist.
Put the cursor on/mark a picture and then press F12 to add that picture to a playlist.
The addon isn´t always working correctly when adding items so if it doesn´t work when you try to open/laucnh an item from a playlist you may have to edit SimplePlaylist´s \\addon_data\script.simpleplaylists\SimplePlaylists.spl -file manually with a texteditor. See post #68 in this thread.
A folder-item should be ###ISDIR###=True### and an individual Picture should be ###ISDIR###=False###
After editing this spl-file and saving it you have to reopen the SimplePlaylist playlist to refresh it so the changes take effect.

/Lars
(2013-03-19, 10:13)larchen Wrote: You don´t launch SimplePlaylist (or any other Addon I think) via Enabled Addons. You go the route I descirbed:
Main Meny - Video - Addons to launch SimplePlaylist Video playlist
Main Meny - Music- Addons to launch SimplePlaylist Music playlist
Main Meny - Pictures- Addons to launch SimplePlaylist Picture playlist

and if you go these routes and add them to your Favourites instead of/before launching them as I described then you can launch them from your Favourites.

As described in post #1 in this thread you have to assign a command to a button to be able to add items to Simpleplaylist playlists. I put this in my keyboard.xml-file <F12>RunPlugin(plugin://script.simpleplaylists/?mode=addCurrentUrl)</F12>.
If you do this (but you can choose whatever key you like) you then press F12 to add items to playlists.
I´ve only used it for Videos but it should be the same for Pictures:
Put the cursor on/mark a folder and then press F12 to add that folder to a playlist.
Put the cursor on/mark a picture and then press F12 to add that picture to a playlist.
The addon isn´t always working correctly when adding items so if it doesn´t work when you try to open/laucnh an item from a playlist you may have to edit SimplePlaylist´s \\addon_data\script.simpleplaylists\SimplePlaylists.spl -file manually with a texteditor. See post #68 in this thread.
A folder-item should be ###ISDIR###=True### and an individual Picture should be ###ISDIR###=False###
After editing this spl-file and saving it you have to reopen the SimplePlaylist playlist to refresh it so the changes take effect.

/Lars

Thank you Lars for taking the time to supply these details, unfortunately for me I still can't get it to work.

XBMC Log

Code:
<favourites>
    <favourite name="Country M">ActivateWindow(10501,&quot;special://profile/playlists/music/Country M.xsp&quot;)</favourite>
    <favourite name="SimplePlaylists">RunPlugin(plugin://script.simpleplaylists/?mode=showPlaylists)</favourite>
</favourites>

C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\keymaps
Code:
<keymap>
    <keyboard>
        <F2>RunPlugin(plugin://script.simpleplaylists/?mode=addCurrentUrl)</F2>
    </keyboard>
</keymap>
  • 5(current)