• 1(current)
[RELEASE] SimplePlaylists
Hi,
with this add-on you can add videos, music, images and directories from your local db as well as from online sources (addons) to playlists. For example, favorite media or videos you want to watch later.

To use it you have to map the following command to a remote button:
Code:
RunPlugin(plugin://script.simpleplaylists/?mode=addCurrentUrl)

While browsing your local/online media you can add the currently selected Item to a playlist by pushing the mapped button. If you're playing some media in fullscreen, while pushing the button, the played media will be added. In the add-on menu you can view all playlists, entries could be removed via context menu.

If you want to access your playlists from everywhere, map this command to a key (Or add it to your favourites.xml):
Code:
RunPlugin(plugin://script.simpleplaylists/?mode=showPlaylists)

First, create some playlists/subfolders while adding media. If you want to use many playlists/subfolders you can manage them via context menu: "Manage playlists/subfolders"

You can install it from the xbmc.org eden repo.

Known bugs:
When adding rar-Videos from "currently selected" Mode there are problems with the url encoding.
Same with few Video-Addons and all urls containing user authentication infos. When adding media from "currently playing" Mode everything should work.
I hope there will be a solution for the problem: see here.

Any feedback is welcome!
asde
This Plugin sounds great... but I don't believe its features are implemented yet..
Seems it only captures played video urls... not local media from the library...
I think it would be great if when you map the script to a remote key... it opens a menu to add the highlighted content to a playlist of your choice...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2012-05-31, 19:46)Lunatixz Wrote: This Plugin sounds great... but I don't believe its features are implemented yet..
Seems it only captures played video urls... not local media from the library...
I think it would be great if when you map the script to a remote key... it opens a menu to add the highlighted content to a playlist of your choice...
Hi,
I added the features you requested.
Now you can add the current selected / highlighted Item when browsing your local / online media. When youre watching a video in fullscreen when pressing the button this video will be added.

There are some problems with very few video-addons when adding the selected Item. (Problem with URL encoding). Im working on this.

Would be nice if you could test the new version and give me some feedback.
If everything is working fine I will add it to the repo.

greetings
asde
Looks great! I think it would be cool if the playlist was a smart playlist, that way you can have multiple ways of accessing your favorited media
(2012-06-01, 02:21)Lunatixz Wrote: Looks great! I think it would be cool if the playlist was a smart playlist, that way you can have multiple ways of accessing your favorited media
I dont know anything about smart playlists, never used them. But I dont know if this combination would be possible/useful. Will look for this...
(2012-06-01, 02:30)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:
(2012-06-01, 02:21)Lunatixz Wrote: Looks great! I think it would be cool if the playlist was a smart playlist, that way you can have multiple ways of accessing your favorited media
I dont know anything about smart playlists, never used them. But I dont know if this combination would be possible/useful. Will look for this...

I think it would be pretty useful... for example you can create a channel in pseudotv based on your media added by your plugin...
Update: v1.0.2

- Added space for more Playlists
- Added option for alternate playlist path
- Addon is now also shown under Music-Addons
Update: v1.0.3

Hi,
i fixed/added a few things:

- Covers are now shown in the playlists
- New Option: Show Keyboard to change title
- Fixed some problems when deleting Entries
- Added Context Menus for deleting one/all playlists
- Date is no longer shown in the title but the entries are still sorted by date

Because of the changes, a new playlist file will be created
Would be nice if someone could test this version and give some feedback.
If everything is working fine, I will add this version to the repo.
Just come across your plugin and like the idea, will try and add it into the "context menu" and or the "info page" of Confluence Lite Mod and will get back to you with the results Smile

Edit Initial test is good. I have the command "RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.watch.it.later/?mode=addCurrentUrl)" on the context menu under "Watch it Later" . It adds the movie selected to the playlist where I can pick it up after adding this plugin to th main menu. Now just to tighten it up, get it to look prettier and test test test.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

(2012-06-02, 11:09)Mudislander Wrote: Just come across your plugin and like the idea, will try and add it into the "context menu" and or the "info page" of Confluence Lite Mod and will get back to you with the results Smile

Edit Initial test is good. I have the command "RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.watch.it.later/?mode=addCurrentUrl)" on the context menu under "Watch it Later" . It adds the movie selected to the playlist where I can pick it up after adding this plugin to th main menu. Now just to tighten it up, get it to look prettier and test test test.
Sounds great Smile
butchabay also added buttons to his skins "Cirrus Extended v2" and "Cirrus Extended Light". (Screenshots)
@AddonScriptorDE, link with translation file for Portuguese (Brazil), add in your plugin resource, download here:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/25170804/Wathci...zil%29.rar

thanks,

Wanilton
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
I have noticed an interesting "quirk", not serious but when you back out of the playlist you end up in the music library - little bit suprising when you were in a movie playlist.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

(2012-06-02, 12:08)Wanilton Wrote: @AddonScriptorDE, link with translation file for Portuguese (Brazil), add in your plugin resource, download here:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/25170804/Wathci...zil%29.rar

thanks,

Wanilton
Thx. I added some strings in the latest version. Would be nice if you could send me updated strings for the next version.

(2012-06-02, 23:47)Mudislander Wrote: I have noticed an interesting "quirk", not serious but when you back out of the playlist you end up in the music library - little bit suprising when you were in a movie playlist.
Mmm, strange. Never noticed such a behavior. Could you reproduce this?
Anybody else noticed the same?

Update: v1.0.4:
- Some small fixes and optical modifications
- Added Portuguese (Brazil) strings (Thx @ Wanilton)
- Changed add-on name because of audio support (WatchItLater --> SimplePlaylists)
Nice work! Have been looking for someting like this for awhile.

Have most of my movies in rars. And for those ones the movie image doesn't show. And you can't start the movie.
(2012-06-04, 17:13)Eldritch Wrote: Nice work! Have been looking for someting like this for awhile.

Have most of my movies in rars. And for those ones the movie image doesn't show. And you can't start the movie.
Hi, thanks for your support.
Youre right, when adding rar-Movies from "currently selected" Mode there are problems with the url encoding.
Same with few Video-Addons. When adding media from "currently playing" Mode everything should work.
I hope there is a solution for the problem.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] SimplePlaylists2