Occasional sound/video stutter
(2012-06-27, 13:56)guibaa Wrote: Hi Azaman,

I had the same issue (CPU-LOad 100%) und that was my solution :-)

If <useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart> exists in the file advancedsettings, then your ATV will generate DDS versions of the covers, fanart... of your movies, the CPU usage could be due this generation that can be CPU intensive in a P4 1GHz...

Look in this .xml file in the /root/.xbmc/ folder.

<advancedsettings>
<videolibrary>
<useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart> <!-- For faster Fanart when Browsing --> change it to false or delete this entry and the CPU Load never increase to 100 %
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

(2012-07-06, 16:59)guibaa Wrote:
(2012-07-06, 12:24)Azaman Wrote: Progress seems to be made with this in regards to the OpenElec build where the same issue is apparent. It's looks like it may be an XBMC thing?

Yes its a xbmc issue if the ATV are generating DDS versions from the covers and fanart.

You can fix it when you edit the advancedsettings.

So as per your first quoted post, as you suggesting this will help resolve the issue? Just wondering if changing this setting in the actual file has any impact during playback? It's been stated on the OpenElec forum to try this too (do you think this is the same as what you've kindly suggested?):

Code:
<advancedsettings>
      <video>
            <fpsdetect>2</fpsdetect>
      </video>
</advancedsettings>
(2012-07-06, 17:29)Azaman Wrote:
(2012-06-27, 13:56)guibaa Wrote: Hi Azaman,

I had the same issue (CPU-LOad 100%) und that was my solution :-)

If <useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart> exists in the file advancedsettings, then your ATV will generate DDS versions of the covers, fanart... of your movies, the CPU usage could be due this generation that can be CPU intensive in a P4 1GHz...

Look in this .xml file in the /root/.xbmc/ folder.

<advancedsettings>
<videolibrary>
<useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart> <!-- For faster Fanart when Browsing --> change it to false or delete this entry and the CPU Load never increase to 100 %
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

(2012-07-06, 16:59)guibaa Wrote:
(2012-07-06, 12:24)Azaman Wrote: Progress seems to be made with this in regards to the OpenElec build where the same issue is apparent. It's looks like it may be an XBMC thing?

Yes its a xbmc issue if the ATV are generating DDS versions from the covers and fanart.

You can fix it when you edit the advancedsettings.

So as per your first quoted post, as you suggesting this will help resolve the issue? Just wondering if changing this setting in the actual file has any impact during playback? It's been stated on the OpenElec forum to try this too (do you think this is the same as what you've kindly suggested?):

Code:
<advancedsettings>
      <video>
            <fpsdetect>2</fpsdetect>
      </video>
</advancedsettings>

no, but I don't use openelec.

I don't know what they using with the advancedsettings.

AppleTV 4K Release 17.2 with Kodi 17.6  & Kodi 20.2.0
QNAP NAS TVS-872XT - Build 5.1.2.2533
I read that 'this looks to be related to a switch from XBMC's internal ffmpeg to external ffmpeg'; so disabling dds fanart, does that change the way video is played back or is something else going on in the background that contributes inadvertently to the playback stuttering?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Occasional sound/video stutter0