Win MCE Remote Issues
I was using my MCE remote as it was for a long time in XBMC. The Volume and "i" didn't work as they should.

Yesterday I decided to get these things working. I downloaded the MCEremote addon in the repo.

I changed the settings to "Apply Windows default settings to remote", restarted Windows and all went to hell.
Now the "i" and volume work, but the play/pause button doesn't work now. If I press play/pause during playback now it minimizes XBMC and opens Windows Media Center.

I went back into MCEremote addon and changed to "Restore default MCERemote settings" in hope that I could go back to the way it was before and I would just deal with it. I restarted Windows but nothing changed. Now I'm being driven insane because I can't pause anything.

All I want now is to get back to where I was before. I don't mind the volume and info not working. Pause is a much more important function than those!

Thanks in advanced.
Okay, after 2 months of search I've resolved all my remote problems!

I've used a program to know which keystrokes my remote sends for each button and then I've set them in "keyboard.xml" for the functions. All things now works perfectly!

If your remote sends keystrokes, you should do like I've done... but I don't know how to disable the Windows Media Center's opening (maybe there's a service or something similar)
(2012-05-31, 12:15)liltee89 Wrote: Okay, after 2 months of search I've resolved all my remote problems!

I've used a program to know which keystrokes my remote sends for each button and then I've set them in "keyboard.xml" for the functions. All things now works perfectly!

If your remote sends keystrokes, you should do like I've done... but I don't know how to disable the Windows Media Center's opening (maybe there's a service or something similar)

What program did you use?
I have sorted this issue out. If anyone comes across this thread all you need to do is visit http://xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net/ , download XBMCCustomregis v1.2.18 under direct hot links and install. Done.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE Remote Issues1