• 18(current)
xbmc minified as a server?
9090 is the default tcp socket port. I'm not certain that it can easily be changed. You have <webserverport>8080</webserverport> in guisettings.xml and have restarted the server since? Also make certain you haven't overwritten this value in advancedsettings.xml and that you actually have the webserver enabled <webserver>true</webserver> in guisettings.xml.

(2012-11-20, 00:31)manxam Wrote: 9090 is the default tcp socket port. I'm not certain that it can easily be changed. You have <webserverport>8080</webserverport> in guisettings.xml and have restarted the server since? Also make certain you haven't overwritten this value in advancedsettings.xml and that you actually have the webserver enabled <webserver>true</webserver> in guisettings.xml.
I feel extremely stupid. webserver was not enabled... I can now access the the webgui fine, thnx!

I still see the same error in my syslog. Do you (or anyone else) happen to know if this is something to worry about?
EDIT: Please delete this post. Was a stupid question.
The error doesn't show up in my logs but I wouldn't worry too much about it. Looks as though you may have had a full blown Xorg install on this machine at one time?
(2012-11-20, 05:16)manxam Wrote: The error doesn't show up in my logs but I wouldn't worry too much about it. Looks as though you may have had a full blown Xorg install on this machine at one time?
Yes, I've tried many ways to get XBMC to work on my server... even going so far as emulating the GUI (which didn't work). I should reinstall this box at some point, as it's filled with enormous amounts of crap Wink.

But thanks for clearing that up! I've got an xbmc-server instance running happily and hopefully I won't run into any other issues.

I have this working now and am very happy about it, but just have a query:

Is there currently a way to compile libxbmc.so statically? I mean, obviously the library is a dynamic library, and I have no problem with the xbmc-server binary linking to libxbmc.so dynamically, but I had to install loads of dependencies on my server to get xbmc to compile, that I'd really prefer not to keep lying around. Of course, libxbmc.so is linked against these dependencies, so I can't just remove them.

I guess what I'm really looking for is a way that I can compile libxbmc on another "build" machine, statically, and then just copy it over to my server. Does such a thing exist? Is there an option somewhere that will do this?

Thanks for all your help.
xbmc is specifically looking for a .so (dynamic) and not a .a (static) so I suspect a fairly large code rewrite for this to happen unfortunately... I don't expect this can be done with a quick hack.
Hey guys, I´m really happy with this setup and I´m currently running this under Lubuntu via Virtualbox in Unraid.

I´m using the xbmc-server.ccp and it´s been working well, however I cannot scan music because it crashes the program.

Anyone looked into adding music or could give me a hint on how I could get started?

Thanks
We're gonna need a LITTLE more information than that Smile

what's the error in the log when it crashes? Does it crash when adding the source or scanning for new media or...?
Sorry, I just thought since xbmc-server was based on the video scan cpp music was known to be broken Tongue

It basically crashes every time it tries to access the mysql music database. For example scanning the library crashes xbmc without a error:

19:33:37 T:2928638784 NOTICE: Thread CMusicInfoScanner start, auto delete: false
19:33:37 T:2928638784 DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnScanStarted from xbmc

No crashlog either.
(2012-11-22, 21:36)Steini Wrote: Sorry, I just thought since xbmc-server was based on the video scan cpp music was known to be broken Tongue

It basically crashes every time it tries to access the mysql music database. For example scanning the library crashes xbmc without a error:

19:33:37 T:2928638784 NOTICE: Thread CMusicInfoScanner start, auto delete: false
19:33:37 T:2928638784 DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnScanStarted from xbmc

No crashlog either.

try adding

<backgroundupdate>true</backgroundupdate>

to the <musiclibrary> section of advancedsettings.xml 

That did the trick. Funny that I already had that in the videolibrary and did not think to try it for the audio library.

Thanks Big Grin
Hi there,

I got this more or less running on my diskstation. However when I access the movie library I get "Memory Access Error" and the server just quits.
Nothing in the xbmc logfile.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is? Tried Beta1 and also Alpha 7 October. (latter one is running well on my actual system).

Also tried in a virtual debian machine with the same problem.
(2012-11-25, 14:52)alexandergoll Wrote: Hi there,

I got this more or less running on my diskstation. However when I access the movie library I get "Memory Access Error" and the server just quits.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is? Tried Beta1 and also Alpha 7 October. (latter one is running well on my actual system).

have you tried adding

<backgroundupdate>true</backgroundupdate>

to the <videolibrary> and <musiclibrary> sections of advancedsettings.xml
(2012-11-25, 14:52)alexandergoll Wrote: Hi there,

Which Diskstation are you using? And how did you achieve to install XBMC headless onto it?

Would be very kind if you would like to share that! Thank you very much!
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc minified as a server?9