• 5(current)
MCE Remote Turn ON HTPC FOUND! w/DONGLE in front of your CASE!
(2012-06-08, 23:26)Beer40oz Wrote:
(2012-06-08, 23:25)joe_sun Wrote:
(2012-06-08, 23:14)Beer40oz Wrote: What have I been talking about.... yes this dongle wakes up from total power off state.....

But are you talking about using the DONGLE with your Harmony?

Try it out..... test for us...... im tired of testing....

Yup the Mediagate dongle don't work for power on....

Right but the Mediagate doesn't even wake my PC from S3 which is my only possible option for my setup so I don't know if it's a MB issue or a Mediagate issue.

I just spoke to Rosewill Customer Service and they said they would sell me just the dongle for $7.00 shipped so I'm going to try it out.

Oh nice!!!!! Big Grin Dongles for everyone!!!!! Tongue

It's a little odd, their order fulfillment is done via Newegg so he asked me for my Newegg customer ID and now he's checking their warehouse. If they have it in stock they will call me, ask me for the 3 digit code on the credit card I have on file with newegg and then ship it out to me to the address on file with Newegg.

I'll let you know how it goes.

/quick update It can take a week for the warehouse to let them know there's one in stock so don't expect a reply until next Friday... :/
XBMC specs: MINIX U9-H LibreELEC 4K all day

Home Theater - Samsung 65KS8000 - Denon 3200- Ascend Acoustics speakers - Maelstrom 18in sealed sub 7cu ft - Behringer EP2500

UNraid Server – Pentium G3258 – MSI - H81M-P33 – Antec HCG-400M PS - 8Gb RAM
(2012-06-08, 23:25)joe_sun Wrote:
(2012-06-08, 23:14)Beer40oz Wrote: What have I been talking about.... yes this dongle wakes up from total power off state.....

But are you talking about using the DONGLE with your Harmony?

Try it out..... test for us...... im tired of testing....

Yup the Mediagate dongle don't work for power on....

Right but the Mediagate doesn't even wake my PC from S3 which is my only possible option for my setup so I don't know if it's a MB issue or a Mediagate issue.

I just spoke to Rosewill Customer Service and they said they would sell me just the dongle for $7.00 shipped so I'm going to try it out.

If you can turn your pc on from completely off state with the keyboard, this should hopefully work. If it doesn't, eBay it and bask in the glow of contributing to the research! Smile
Got my remote last night. Works just as Beer said it would. Do a menu shutdown then hit the power button to wake from a completely off state.

This may only be important to me, but I wanted to let everyone know, the dongle will indeed pick up signal bounced off the wall, if you do not have direct line of sight. This is something that my HP dongle refused to do, so I had to awkwardly hold my remote and point it behind me to my components. Not fun.

The new dongle picked up my Harmony One working as a MCE Keyboard, now I only need to program the power button. Now my A6 Pack is perfect.
Theater: The PS4/XBONE killer running Kodi 17.3 3D Movie Box: Raspberry Pi running LibreElec 8.0 Alpha BROKEN Family Room: "A6-Pack" running Kodi 17.3 Whole House: FireTV running Kodi 17.3
FTW ragedogg69!!
Well that was quick, Rosewill called me today and said they had the dongles in stock. It was $7.00 shipped.

Home Theater - Samsung 65KS8000 - Denon 3200- Ascend Acoustics speakers - Maelstrom 18in sealed sub 7cu ft - Behringer EP2500

So I can't order from newegg (I'm from down under - Australia).

Anyone kind enough to purchase this and ship it to me?

Will cover all costs.

Please PM.
(2012-06-12, 00:35)joe_sun Wrote: Well that was quick, Rosewill called me today and said they had the dongles in stock. It was $7.00 shipped.

Awesome....Wink Let us know how it goes for you....

BTW Folks....

On my M350-Desktop....

I have it set to wake up with my ARC wireless keyboard... and the mouse disabled to turn on.

This has nothing to do with the DONGLE but it's awesome I don't have to reach the back of my LCD screen to turn on my system.....

Well actually the USB 2.0 ports on the back are the only ones that work to wake up from total state off..... the USB 3.0 do NOT work....

So I have my MOUSE on a 3.0 because I know it won't turn on in case I bump the mouse.... Smile

(even doh in bios I have keyboard/remote control ON... the mouse still turns on the system from off)
that is why it's on the 3.0 port now....
Laugh
Looks as if we've found the miracle dongle!

I got my $7.00 shipped dongle delivered yesterday, unplugged my old Mediagate, plugged this one in and nothing. Well then I ran the setup again and BOOSH! It wakes my system from S3!!!

Finally after HOURS AND HOURS I'm not even exaggerating, of trying to get the Mediagate to wake my system, this little guy does it out of the box.

Thanks for the info Fortay!

(2012-06-16, 19:38)joe_sun Wrote: Looks as if we've found the miracle dongle!

I got my $7.00 shipped dongle delivered yesterday, unplugged my old Mediagate, plugged this one in and nothing. Well then I ran the setup again and BOOSH! It wakes my system from S3!!!

Finally after HOURS AND HOURS I'm not even exaggerating, of trying to get the Mediagate to wake my system, this little guy does it out of the box.

Ran what setup?

Yes I am so happy with mine too.... and also that it's small and plugged in front of the case now wires no mess!

Glad it worked!

So who do we e-mail just to get the DONGLE?

Thanx.... Wink

(2012-06-16, 19:58)Beer40oz Wrote:
(2012-06-16, 19:38)joe_sun Wrote: Looks as if we've found the miracle dongle!

Ran what setup?

Yes I am so happy with mine too.... and also that it's small and plugged in front of the case now wires no mess!

Glad it worked!

So who do we e-mail just to get the DONGLE?

Thanx.... Wink

From Eskro's post

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=117372

Option #3 "run this setup"

Here you go!
http://www.rosewill.com/about/ContactUS.aspx

Oh ok.... LOL.... what I told him to post..... ... ok..... it's on my first thread on this thread...

thought you where doing something else.... yes you have to re install it... it will loose the setup file only.... The links he has are the old version... they have fixed a few things....

That is why I always use there link:

http://xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net/remote_auto.html

You will get the latest....
FYI...This Rosewill is not working very well with my universal remote (RF20).

Problem described here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=134227
So... what should do I need to buy / should I buy?

Thanks Smile
I just wanted to start off by saying thanks to Beer40oz, ESKRO,and joe_sun.

you guys realy came thru on this. I picked up the Rosewill RRC-126 Windows 7 Certified Media Center Infrared Remote Control which has the colored keys for $15 at newegg per joe_sun (nice deal) and also contacted Rosewill for an extra dongle also thanks to joe_sun. Ive been playing around a bit today to test this out and im very excited to say I am pleased. My build is my sig and im using ASRock MB-A75M Socket FM1/ AMD A75 FCH/ SATA3&USB3.0/ A&GbE/ Micro ATX Motherboard went into bios and set it up to turn on from usb keyboard, worked like a charm. Now for me is the best news i had my Logitech 300 cheepo setup with the RC6-IR-Receiver. now this was workable but had problems with double clicks just wasnt smooth. So i decided to see how the logitech remote worked with my new dongle and it was perfect, no double clicks powers up from complete off,it is absolutely the best i could hope for. That a pretty cheap setup $7 for the dongle and like $15 for the remote that controls the htpc,tv, and my surround sound, Nice!!!!!!
My HTPC AMD A8-3870K CPU/ SilverStone ML03B/ASRock MB-A75M /Seasonic SS-400ET/Corsair XMS3 4GB
@lagledavid

Woah... that dongle works miracles on other remotes... pretty interesting. Glad it worked for you too.... ain't it nice to turn on from your couch?

Yes eskro told me about that Rosewill that has the color keys on the bottom I listed it on my first page if you have not seen it.

Ok now how do we get the dongle for $7 bucks? who do we contact? So I can update my first page.

So you have the Harmony 300 and the Rosewill dongle and all buttons work.....
I see your Harmony also has the color buttons.... now you are tempting me to get this so I can control other equipment.

So you installed the RC6 software to map all the buttons?
http://xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net/remote_auto.html

• 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE Remote Turn ON HTPC FOUND! w/DONGLE in front of your CASE!4